Using OLE servers to export to Excel

Hi.

I use Delphi 5 and would like to save the contents of a Tdataset to a
new Excel worksheet.

I have trawled through Usenet and found several replies which seem to
offer an answer, but I've only found one Usenet post explicit enough for
me to get it to work, and the resulting application is very slow, taking
around half a minute to export about a thousand cells (a hundred rows
with ten columns).

Is there anyone out there who can offer an example of fast writing to an
Excel file?

--
Gary Jones <newsmas...@bohr.demon.co.uk>

Re:Using OLE servers to export to Excel

Have you taken a look at any of the Excel components on Torry's?
There are some free ones there that are extremely fast.
TExcel, I think is the one that I tried and had the most success with.
It uses Native Excel file formats, no OLE, so it would be fast.

http://torry.spang.org/db_msexcel.htm

Gary Jones <newsmas...@bohr.demon.co.uk> az albbiakat rta a k?vetkez?
hrzenetben: 0f7+OAAs8$+5E...@bohr.demon.co.uk...

> Hi.

> I use Delphi 5 and would like to save the contents of a Tdataset to a
> new Excel worksheet.

> I have trawled through Usenet and found several replies which seem to
> offer an answer, but I've only found one Usenet post explicit enough for
> me to get it to work, and the resulting application is very slow, taking
> around half a minute to export about a thousand cells (a hundred rows
> with ten columns).

> Is there anyone out there who can offer an example of fast writing to an
> Excel file?

> --
> Gary Jones <newsmas...@bohr.demon.co.uk>

Try dde connection instead of using OLE, Im not sure, but it can be faster.
I use DDE dynamic data exchange in my applications.

Other Threads