TRichedit font change

Hello

I have this standard TRichedit field which is set to plaintext, btw. I
have a routine that is called on program start which reads the name of
a font out of the registry. now If I set do

textfield.font.name:=reg.readstring('fontname');
(textfield is a TRichedit variable, reg is a TRegistry variable)

 it does change the font property of the trichedit, but text (even
such text that is typed in afterwards) is still displayed in the old
font. what to do about this?
I am using Delphi 3.0 Standard and Win98

For eventual help on this problem I'd be very Grateful.

Have a lot of fun, Maxlor