Indy TCP client/server connection error on Win95

Hi All,

I run the INDY TCP/IP server on the Win95 machine.
When I try to connect from the INDY client to this server I get this error:
Socket Error #11002 Non-authoritative Response (Try again or check DNS
Setup)
Could anybody clarify this issue.

Thanks,
--

Vlad

Re:Indy TCP client/server connection error on Win95

I forgot: the client was run on the Win95 machine too.

"Vlad Bilousov" <bilou...@sur-gard.com> wrote in message

> Hi All,

> I run the INDY TCP/IP server on the Win95 machine.
> When I try to connect from the INDY client to this server I get this
error:
> Socket Error #11002 Non-authoritative Response (Try again or check DNS
> Setup)
> Could anybody clarify this issue.

> Thanks,
> --

> Vlad

Re:Indy TCP client/server connection error on Win95

Hello,

I have no chance to dubug this code in the Win95.
I found that it happend when I try to ping the server from IdcmpClient.
This is function:
{---------------------------------------------------------------}
{Finction:   EchoPing
{Returns:    Result of ping
{Parametrs:  IP, Port, Time out
{---------------------------------------------------------------}
function TdmdClient.EchoPing(EchoHost : string; EchoPort, EchoTimeOut :
Integer): Boolean;
begin
  Result := FALSE;
  with dmdClient.Server_Ping do begin
      ReceiveTimeout := EchoTimeOut;
      Host := EchoHost;
      Port := EchoPort;
      Ping;
      if ReplyStatus.ReplyStatusType = rsEcho then begin
           Result := True;
        end else
        if ReplyStatus.ReplyStatusType = rsError then begin
           Result := False;
        end else
        if ReplyStatus.ReplyStatusType = rsTimeOut then begin
           Result := False;
        end else
        if ReplyStatus.ReplyStatusType = rsErrorUnreachable then begin
           Result := False;
        end else
        if ReplyStatus.ReplyStatusType = rsErrorTTLExceeded then begin
           Result := False;
        end;
   if (NOT Result) AND Assigned(frmCommands) then begin
       WriteToConnectionLog('Error : Server IP : '+Host+':'+IntToStr(Port)+'
not available.');
       DisplayStatus (frmCommands.stpCommands, 'Error : Server IP :

"Kudzu - Team Indy" <chad...@pbe.com> wrote in message

> bilou...@sur-gard.com (Vlad Bilousov) wrote in <98onqf$c8h2
> @bornews.inprise.com>:
> >When I try to connect from the INDY client to this server I get this
error:
> >Socket Error #11002 Non-authoritative Response (Try again or check DNS
> >Setup)

> Its not an Indy issue. Its a DNS issue. While trying to resolve the host,
> your DNS server returned that error to Indy. It might be temporary.

> If it persists, see if you can ping that host from a command prompt.

> --
> Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
>       "Programming is an art form that fights back"
> Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.
> http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/ - Free Delphi/CBuilder components and articles

Other Threads