Could not perform Edit because another user changed the record

I am using Delphi 4.0 C/S with sp1 accessing MS Sql 6.5 sp3 on a nt4 server
with sp4.  I have three TQuery Components with request live set to true.

i try the following code on my post record button.

if the AppQry.Post method results in an error shouldnt all three datasets
revert back to their previous state? Currently what happens is the
MniQry.Dataset is unable to be edited and the error "Could not perform Edit
because another user changed the record" occurs.

Any help would be much appreciated. Remove NOSPAMFORME from email address.

Email : JATigueNOSPAMFO...@Aol.Com

Heffa~

// my post button method

  MniQry.Database.StartTransaction;
       try
         MniQry.Post;
       except
         raise;
       end;
       try
         AppQry.Post; // AN ERROR OCCURS DURING THIS POST
       except
          raise;
       end
    end;
    try
      ThrQry.Post;
    except
      Raise;
    end;
    MniQry.Database.Commit;
  except
    MniQry.Database.Rollback;  /*SHOULDNT THIS PUT THE THREE DATASETS BACK TO
THEIR PREVIOUS STATE? /*
    Raise;