chaining scripts (calling a script from a script)

Does anyone know if you can call a script from inside another script in
IB6?
For example, in Oracle I could do this like so:

--make_all_tables.sql:
@@mkStates.sql;
@@mkEmployees.sql;
@@mkQuarters.sql;
@@mkRanks.sql;
@@mkReports.sql;
@@mkDesignations.sql;
@@mkExtendedDesignations.sql;
@@mkYears.sql;
@@mkUsers.sql;
@@mkRules.sql;

Thanks in advance!
Lee

  lomerza.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:chaining scripts (calling a script from a script)

Yes you can - from ISQL, use:

INPUT 'filename'

Other tools, like IBConsole, don't support this syntax. InterBase Workbench
does :)

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"Lee Omerza" <lome...@currentdirections.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know if you can call a script from inside another script in
> IB6?
> For example, in Oracle I could do this like so:

> --make_all_tables.sql:
> @@mkStates.sql;
> @@mkEmployees.sql;
> @@mkQuarters.sql;
> @@mkRanks.sql;
> @@mkReports.sql;
> @@mkDesignations.sql;
> @@mkExtendedDesignations.sql;
> @@mkYears.sql;
> @@mkUsers.sql;
> @@mkRules.sql;

> Thanks in advance!
> Lee

Re:chaining scripts (calling a script from a script)

Use INPUT on command line ISQL. I don't know if Jeff implements it on
IBConsole.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software