Query problem

Hello All,

I have the following problem.
Using DELPHI 4 I created a table (Paradox 7) with 5 fields wich all are
of a different type:
1. Alpha 20
2. Timestamp (@)
3. Memo 240
4. Number
5. Logical

The problems arrise when I want to perform a query on this table (just
this table).
When I use the following SQL statement no problems occur:

SELECT * FROM MyTable

But when I want to use the following statement:

SELECT AlphaField, TimeStampField FROM MyTable

I get an error like this: Access violation at adress 4C5EE662 in module
'IDSQL32.DLL'. Read of adress FFFFFFFF

Can anyone help me out please....

Darius Blaszijk

Re:Query problem

Darius Blaszijk (DBlasz...@ZonNet.nl) wrote:

: When I use the following SQL statement no problems occur:

: SELECT * FROM MyTable

: But when I want to use the following statement:

: SELECT AlphaField, TimeStampField FROM MyTable

: I get an error like this: Access violation at adress 4C5EE662 in module
: 'IDSQL32.DLL'. Read of adress FFFFFFFF

I believe it would work if you said:
SELECT MyTable.Alphafield, MyTable.Timestampfield FROM Mytable

What I've found is the easiest way to generate some SQL code
is to go to Database Desktop, set up a QBE query, verify that
it does what you want, then use "Query - Show SQL" to generate
the equivalent SQL code.  You may need to modify from there to
get the most efficient code, but at least that gives you something
the BDE will recognize and work with, and a place to start.

Or, if you have Delphi Client/Server or Paradox 8 or 9, you
may want to take a look at the Visual Query Builder.
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu

Other Threads