Delphi components for Microsoft Access

Re: Delphi components for Microsoft Access

>I am using an Access database with Delphi
>My database is growing and I need to compact it on regular basis
>I want to include compact and replication possibilities  in my Delphi
application.
>Can you suggest me Delphi components to perform this?
>Thanks,

Have a look at http://www.softforces.com/Acctools.htm
Tehy ship these components with full source code included.

Re:Delphi components for Microsoft Access

If you are using ADO & D5 then the JetReplica object will do the trick. You
will have to imort the type lib. From then on is not too hard.

"Smith" <smit...@rocketmail.net> wrote in message

> Re: Delphi components for Microsoft Access

> >I am using an Access database with Delphi
> >My database is growing and I need to compact it on regular basis
> >I want to include compact and replication possibilities  in my Delphi
> application.
> >Can you suggest me Delphi components to perform this?
> >Thanks,

> Have a look at http://www.softforces.com/Acctools.htm
> Tehy ship these components with full source code included.

Re:Delphi components for Microsoft Access

Re: Delphi components for Microsoft Access

>I am using an Access database with Delphi
>My database is growing and I need to compact it on regular basis
>I want to include compact and replication possibilities  in my Delphi
application.
>Can you suggest me Delphi components to perform this?

Have a look at http://www.softforces.com/Acctools.htm
They ship these components with full source code included.
I use them

Regards,
Andrew

Re:Delphi components for Microsoft Access

Something you should be particularly aware of, when dealing with Access,
is that Microsoft pretty much has only -one- official (and, useable) way
to work with their product:  DAO.  (Data Access Objects.)  The whole
interface to Access is neatly tied up in ActiveX components.

Delphi is quite good at working with ActiveX ... later versions of
Delphi are more so.  Quite a few companies publish component-sets that
provide direct (i.e. non-BDE) interfaces with DAO.

Now, mind you, "BDE works just fine too."  And, you can easily use both
of these at the same time.  Perhaps you continue to use BDE for the data
access needs of your application, -and- you establish a direct DAO
connection to the appropriate database-object when you want to tell it
to "go compact yourself."

The Microsoft support web-site (http://support.microsoft.com) is full of
examples (in Visual Basic, of course), which translate quite easily into
Delphi.  The JET Programmer's Reference (from Microsoft Press, at any
book store) is also a fine, well-written document that is worth
including in your library.

>Andrew wrote:

> Re: Delphi components for Microsoft Access

> >I am using an Access database with Delphi
> >My database is growing and I need to compact it on regular basis
> >I want to include compact and replication possibilities  in my Delphi
> application.
> >Can you suggest me Delphi components to perform this?

> Have a look at http://www.softforces.com/Acctools.htm
> They ship these components with full source code included.
> I use them

> Regards,
> Andrew

Re:Delphi components for Microsoft Access

Check out Diamond Access at http://islamov.com/
It is a solid product for 2+ years. I use it for all my projects with
no problems.

Regards,
KAV

In article <8sk2jf$13a...@gavrilo.mtu.ru>,
  "Andrew" <andrew80...@aol.com> wrote:

> Re: Delphi components for Microsoft Access

> >I am using an Access database with Delphi
> >My database is growing and I need to compact it on regular basis
> >I want to include compact and replication possibilities  in my Delphi
> application.
> >Can you suggest me Delphi components to perform this?

> Have a look at http://www.softforces.com/Acctools.htm
> They ship these components with full source code included.
> I use them

> Regards,
> Andrew

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/