Board index » delphi » BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!

BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!

I'm getting the Error,  MERGING THE CONFIGURATION FILE HAS FAILED.

What am I doing wrong?

I do FULL BDE Installs, with Aliases and I still get the same error.   I
have the BDE.

Any suggestions,

Louis.

 

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


1) what version of the BDE?
2) What version of Delphi?
3) What installation program? (and version)

Connie

Quote
Louis St. Laurent wrote in message <74l19s$b4...@forums.borland.com>...
>I'm getting the Error,  MERGING THE CONFIGURATION FILE HAS FAILED.

>What am I doing wrong?

>I do FULL BDE Installs, with Aliases and I still get the same error.   I
>have the BDE.

>Any suggestions,

>Louis.

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


Same problem.  I have had to delete everything and
start fresh.  As far as I can tell, both situations
have Delhpi 2 BDE installed.
Quote
Louis St. Laurent wrote in message <74l19s$b4...@forums.borland.com>...
>I'm getting the Error,  MERGING THE CONFIGURATION FILE HAS FAILED.

>What am I doing wrong?

>I do FULL BDE Installs, with Aliases and I still get the same error.   I
>have the BDE.

>Any suggestions,

>Louis.

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


Quote
On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 09:44:15 -0800, "W.Riddell" <ridd...@clc.edu> wrote:
>Same problem.  I have had to delete everything and
>start fresh.  As far as I can tell, both situations
>have Delhpi 2 BDE installed.

Which version of Express are you using?

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


v 2.02.

Note that this was a problem on two machines that has
old d2 apps in them. Machines with d3 apps have no
problem.

stefan (at) installshield (dot) co (dot) za (InstallShield Software Corp.)
wrote in message <366efd34.3083...@forums.inprise.com>...

Quote
>On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 09:44:15 -0800, "W.Riddell" <ridd...@clc.edu> wrote:
>>Same problem.  I have had to delete everything and
>>start fresh.  As far as I can tell, both situations
>>have Delhpi 2 BDE installed.

>Which version of Express are you using?

>Stefan
>InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


Quote
On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:44:28 -0800, "W.Riddell" <ridd...@clc.edu> wrote:
>Note that this was a problem on two machines that has
>old d2 apps in them. Machines with d3 apps have no
>problem.

Is the BDE installed on a network?

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


BDE is locally installed on each machine.
Quote

>Is the BDE installed on a network?

>Stefan
>InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


Quote
On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:53:39 -0800, "W.Riddell" <ridd...@clc.edu> wrote:
>BDE is locally installed on each machine.

I believe the problem may lie with the version of the IDAPINST.DLL that is
being used to merge the configuration.

What error was displayed? 1? 3?

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


i got this same error from a client with COREL 8 on their system.  does
corel use bde?

stefan (at) installshield (dot) co (dot) za (InstallShield Software Corp.)
wrote in message <36711f6c.142915...@forums.inprise.com>...

Quote
>On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:53:39 -0800, "W.Riddell" <ridd...@clc.edu> wrote:
>>BDE is locally installed on each machine.

>I believe the problem may lie with the version of the IDAPINST.DLL that is
>being used to merge the configuration.

>What error was displayed? 1? 3?

>Stefan
>InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


Quote
>i got this same error from a client with COREL 8 on their system.  does
>corel use bde?

Yes Corel uses BDE.  Version 8 would have originaly loaded BDE 4.0

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:BDE......BDE......Problem Merging Configuration File!


On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 09:59:09 -0500, "Gregg Zegarelli" <g...@zegarelli.com>
wrote:

Quote
>i got this same error from a client with COREL 8 on their system.  does
>corel use bde?

Yes it does.

And since (as Brian of TeamB said) it loads BDE 4.0, it may be failing to
merge the BDE properly if you don't deploy the FULL BDE.

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Other Threads