Interbase for WinNT - Any way to reference D: on server??

I am currently running a WinNT 4.0 server, and have the disk
partitioned into 2 drives - C: for WinNT files (400MB) and D: for
everything else (1.6GB).

When I open ISQL (or Delphi using a BDE alias), I try to connect with
a remote connection, specify my server (BIG_KAHUNA), and type in the
directory and filename (\shared\database.gdb).

(\shared) is a directory nested on the server and shared with full
access (for now). In Windows Explorer, the directory comes up directly
underneath the server, but in ISQL, the directory doesn't exist.

I finally figured that the path (\\BIG_KAHUNA) references the C: on
the server, and by putting the database in the C:\ dir, I could access
it by \\BIG_KAHUNA\database.gdb.

I need to put it on the D: drive, though; anybody have any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Rhys Nikoletsos
Asahi Industrial Electronics
as...@pathcom.com

Re:Interbase for WinNT - Any way to reference D: on server??

Hi, Rhys:

Try setting the following as the path in WISQL:

BIG_KAHUNA:D:\path\path\...\database_name.gdb

(IB doesn't use UNC names)
Good luck!

--
Bradley Gibson     E-Mail: bra...@humanenginuity.com
Human Enginuity Computer Services

Re:Interbase for WinNT - Any way to reference D: on server??

it was my believe you always have to specify the database as a full
qualified path with drive (driver letters as they are from server's
view !).

just like 'd:\yourpath\yourdb.gdb'
this works for me since years (already !?)

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:05:41 GMT, as...@pathcom.com wrote:
>I am currently running a WinNT 4.0 server, and have the disk
>partitioned into 2 drives - C: for WinNT files (400MB) and D: for
>everything else (1.6GB).

>When I open ISQL (or Delphi using a BDE alias), I try to connect with
>a remote connection, specify my server (BIG_KAHUNA), and type in the
>directory and filename (\shared\database.gdb).

>(\shared) is a directory nested on the server and shared with full
>access (for now). In Windows Explorer, the directory comes up directly
>underneath the server, but in ISQL, the directory doesn't exist.

>I finally figured that the path (\\BIG_KAHUNA) references the C: on
>the server, and by putting the database in the C:\ dir, I could access
>it by \\BIG_KAHUNA\database.gdb.

>I need to put it on the D: drive, though; anybody have any ideas??

>Thanks in advance,

>Rhys Nikoletsos
>Asahi Industrial Electronics
>as...@pathcom.com

Christian Kaas
Client/Server development and consulting
Fax. 49-9129-5518
Phone 49-9129-5508

Other Threads