Screen capture for BP7???

> I used screen-thief to get around that problem
> or ran the program inside
>  windows and pressed print screen :)

I've tried screen thief, but the results were {*word*99}py. I'm using Windows
3.11 and my print screen button doesn't work with my printer. Besides, I
don't want a hard copy, I want to save it
to a graphics file. :-) I've even tried Paint Shop Pro with no luck.

DOES ANYONE know of a pascal unit which will let me save a graph that
I've made in Pascal to a 256 color 800x600 graphics file (bmp, jpg, etc)

--
Patrick D. Rockwell
mailto:prockw...@thegrid.net

Re:Screen capture for BP7???

"Patrick D. Rockwell" wrote:

> > I used screen-thief to get around that problem
> > or ran the program inside
> >  windows and pressed print screen :)

> I've tried screen thief, but the results were {*word*99}py. I'm using Windows
> 3.11 and my print screen button doesn't work with my printer. Besides, I
> don't want a hard copy, I want to save it
> to a graphics file. :-) I've even tried Paint Shop Pro with no luck.

> DOES ANYONE know of a pascal unit which will let me save a graph that
> I've made in Pascal to a 256 color 800x600 graphics file (bmp, jpg, etc)

IF IT IIIS a 16 color BGI then you can use the BGI2BMP unit from
the graphics chapter of http://bsn.ch/tp-links

If not, you can use the unit as a suggestion/building block.

:-)
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/    http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/            http://start.at/bedarf

Re:Screen capture for BP7???

snagit32 will do what you want or see pages 646-649 ion 'Using Turbo
Pascal 6' 2nd edition/Que - TSR call snapshot and develop.
Patrick D. Rockwell wrote:

> > I used screen-thief to get around that problem
> > or ran the program inside
> >  windows and pressed print screen :)

> I've tried screen thief, but the results were {*word*99}py. I'm using Windows
> 3.11 and my print screen button doesn't work with my printer. Besides, I
> don't want a hard copy, I want to save it
> to a graphics file. :-) I've even tried Paint Shop Pro with no luck.

> DOES ANYONE know of a pascal unit which will let me save a graph that
> I've made in Pascal to a 256 color 800x600 graphics file (bmp, jpg, etc)

> --
> Patrick D. Rockwell
> mailto:prockw...@thegrid.net
> mailto:HNHC...@prodigy.com
> mailto:patri48...@aol.com

Re:Screen capture for BP7???

In article <37DA589A.E405F...@xmission.com>,
  enztec <enz...@xmission.com> wrote:

> snagit32 will do what you want or see pages 646-649 ion 'Using Turbo
> Pascal 6' 2nd edition/Que - TSR call snapshot and develop.

> Patrick D. Rockwell wrote:

> > > I used screen-thief to get around that problem
> > > or ran the program inside
> > >  windows and pressed print screen :)

> > I've tried screen thief, but the results were {*word*99}py. I'm using
Windows
> > 3.11 and my print screen button doesn't work with my printer.
Besides, I
> > don't want a hard copy, I want to save it
> > to a graphics file. :-) I've even tried Paint Shop Pro with no luck.

> > DOES ANYONE know of a pascal unit which will let me save a graph
that
> > I've made in Pascal to a 256 color 800x600 graphics file (bmp, jpg,
etc)

Is Snagit32 able to work on Windows 3.11? Is it a Dos program? I need
either a Dos program or a Pascal unit, or something that will capture a
screen from a Dos program that is run full screen from Windows 3.11.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Re:Screen capture for BP7???

Speaker to Animals wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:34:43 -0700, in comp.lang.pascal.borland you
> wrote:

> >> I used screen-thief to get around that problem
> >> or ran the program inside
> >>  windows and pressed print screen :)

> >I've tried screen thief, but the results were {*word*99}py. I'm using Windows
> >3.11 and my print screen button doesn't work with my printer. Besides, I
> >don't want a hard copy, I want to save it
> >to a graphics file. :-) I've even tried Paint Shop Pro with no luck.
> I've had good luck with LVIEWPRO.  We use it to take snapshots of
> Access screens for inclusion in Word documents.  Lets you capture the
> entire screen, or just a window.

Is Lview Pro a Windows 3.11 program? I ask because one of my problems is that
I can't just run the application in a window. Windows won't let me, because
of the way that it uses graphics and Paint
Shop Pro won't let me do a capture of a full screen Dos application. Also, is
Lview pro shareware or do
I have to buy it?

--
Patrick D. Rockwell
mailto:prockw...@thegrid.net

Re:Screen capture for BP7???

i think SVGA256 by peter dejong (sp?) can save the screen to a 256 color
PCX file.  don't have the url handy, but it should be easy to find.

Patrick D. Rockwell <prockw...@thegrid.net> wrote:

: I've tried screen thief, but the results were {*word*99}py. I'm using Windows
: 3.11 and my print screen button doesn't work with my printer. Besides, I
: don't want a hard copy, I want to save it
: to a graphics file. :-) I've even tried Paint Shop Pro with no luck.

: DOES ANYONE know of a pascal unit which will let me save a graph that
: I've made in Pascal to a 256 color 800x600 graphics file (bmp, jpg, etc)

Re:Screen capture for BP7???

from pages 646-649 ion 'Using Turbo Pascal 6' 2nd edition/Que - TSR call
snapshot and develop.

program snap;
{$M 1024, 0, 1024}
uses Dos;
const VideoSeg = $B800;
var I, Image : word;
VideoArray : array[0..2] of array [0..1999] of byte;

procedure TakeThePicture(Flags,CS,IP,AX,BX,CX,DX,SI,DI,DS,ES,BP : word);
interrupt;
begin
if Image < 3 then
  begin
  for I := 0 to 1999 do VideoArray[Image,I] := Mem[VideoSeg : 2*I];
  Inc(Image);

Image := 0;
SetIntVec($05,@TakeThePicture);
SetIntVec($3A,@Image);
SetIntVec($3B,@VideoArray);
writeln('Snap installed as TSR');
Keep(0);
end.

program develop;
uses Dos;
type ArrayType = array[1..3] of array[0..1999] of byte;
var Image : ^word;
    VideoArray : ^ArrayType;
    i, Screen : word;
    Pntr : pointer;
    ScreenFile : text;
    Filename : string;

begin
GetIntVec($3A,Pntr);
Image := Pntr;
GetIntVec($3B,Pntr);
VideoArray := Pntr;
case Image^ of
   0 : writeln('No screens were found');
1..3 : begin
       Filename := 'Scrn.DAT';
       Assign(ScreenFile, FileName);
       {$I-} Append(ScreenFile); {$I+}
       if IOResult <> 0 then rewrite(ScreenFile);
       for Screen := 1 to Image^ do
         for i := 0 to 1999 do
           begin
           write(ScreenFile,chr(VideoArray^[Screen,i]));
           if (i+1) mod 80 = 0 then writeln(ScreenFile);
           end;
       writeln(Image^,' screens were written to ',FileName);
       Image^ := 0;  { reset }
       Close(ScreenFile);
       end;
 else writeln('The SNAP (TSR) program hasn''t been installed');
end;
end.

program snap1;
{$M 1024, 0, 1024}
uses Dos;
const videoseg = $B800;
var i, image : word;
videoarray : array[0..2] of array [0..1999] of byte;
timehold : integer;
timenow : integer absolute $0040:$006C;

procedure testhotkey(Flags,CS,IP,AX,BX,CX,DX,SI,DI,DS,ES,BP : word);
interrupt;
begin
if image < 3 then
  if abs(timenow-timehold) > 91 then  { 18.2 * 5 }
    if Mem[$0040:$0017] and $09 = $09 then  { Alt-Right Shift key }
      begin
      for i := 0 to 1999 do videoarray[image,i] := Mem[videoseg : 2*I];
      inc(image);
      timehold := timenow;

Image := 0;
SetIntVec($1C,@testhotkey);
SetIntVec($3A,@Image);
SetIntVec($3B,@VideoArray);
writeln('Snap1 installed as TSR');
Keep(0);
end.

Re:Screen capture for BP7???

Patrick D. Rockwell wrote:
> > I used screen-thief to get around that problem
> > or ran the program inside
> >  windows and pressed print screen :)

> I've tried screen thief, but the results were {*word*99}py. I'm using Windows
> 3.11 and my print screen button doesn't work with my printer. Besides, I
> don't want a hard copy, I want to save it
> to a graphics file. :-) I've even tried Paint Shop Pro with no luck.

In all fairness to ScreenThief, I tried my capture using Svga256.bgi (a
1024x768) SVGA screen butScreenThief doesn't capture the whole screen if
it's that big, and it's unlikely that there will be any future updates to
the Dos version of ScreenThief. Paintshop Pro won't work because I'm using
Windows 3.11 and I can only use it to run Dos graphic programs in full
screen which Paint Shop Pro won't capture.I've downloaded bgi2bmp which only
does it for 640x480x16 screens in the hopes of figuring out how tomodify it
for my needs. I'll also check out the Wotsit site to learn the structure of
the .BMP format. If
anyone else does this before I do or knows of a unit that will capture a
1024x768 SVGA pascal
drawings to a graphics file of any format (256 colors or more) please let me
know.

--
Patrick D. Rockwell
mailto:prockw...@thegrid.net

Re:Screen capture for BP7???

Assassin wrote:
> i think SVGA256 by peter dejong (sp?) can save the screen to a 256 color
> PCX file.  don't have the url handy, but it should be easy to find.

What sort of program is this? Is it a Pascal unit? An .exe file? I use Dos
6.22 and Windows 3.11. If I
go to a search engine should I just enter svga256? If you find the URL please
let me know, and thanks.

--
Patrick D. Rockwell
mailto:prockw...@thegrid.net

Re:Screen capture for BP7???

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 07:02:39 -0500, Assassin

<assas...@reality.halo.nu> wrote:

>> > i think SVGA256 by peter dejong (sp?) can save the screen to a 256 color
>> > PCX file.  don't have the url handy, but it should be easy to find.

>> What sort of program is this? Is it a Pascal unit? An .exe file? I use Dos
>> 6.22 and Windows 3.11. If I
>> go to a search engine should I just enter svga256? If you find the URL please
>> let me know, and thanks.

>sorry for the delayed reply.. VESA256 includes a pascal unit and some .exe
>files.  it should work fine under dos.  version 1.2 can be found here:

>http://www.nici.kun.nl/oasis/vesa

>btw, http://bsn.ch/tp-links still links to a page that has version 1.1

>assas...@reality.halo.nu

In case that won't work, I wrote a pascal unit for grabbing pictures
into a PCX file (256 colors, any resolution). See my home page or
http://come.to/pascalnode

Hope it helps.

Conrad
TomySoftware's home page:

Pascal & 80x86 Assembler programming page with
some downloads, sources and links.

http://come.to/tomysoftware