What is I/O error 31?

Hi,

In a multi-user applaication I sometimes get the message I/O error 32.
What is that? Is is not mentioned in the help.

Greetings,
Ronald van der Pas

Re:What is I/O error 31?

Ronald van der Pas wrote:

> In a multi-user applaication I sometimes get the message I/O error
32.
> What is that? Is is not mentioned in the help.

Hi, the following is taken from the Windows unit:

----------
  const
    { A device attached to the system is not functioning. }
    ERROR_GEN_FAILURE = 31;
    { The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
another process. }
    ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION = 32;
----------

If *32* (not 31 as "subject" indicates) is the value you get,
it could be you should open files with another share mode specified.

A list of error codes can be found in "win32.hlp".
And at MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/psdkref/errlist_9usz.htm

HTH
-ThomasN

Re:What is I/O error 31?

The message <3b041c96$0$9116@reader5>
  from  "Ronald van der Pas" <rvd...@casema.net> contains these words:

> Hi,
> In a multi-user applaication I sometimes get the message I/O error 32.
> What is that? Is is not mentioned in the help.
> Greetings,
> Ronald van der Pas

Hi look up error in win32 help.

Error 31 says ERROR_GEN_FAILURE .

You can convert error numbers to more meaningful
strings with the SysErrormessage function.

Showmessage(SysErrorMessage(31)) gives

"A Device Attatched to the System Is not Functioning"

hope this helps

--
Sincerely,

Andreas Kyriacou