Where is that Pascal to Java converter?

Just curious,

There has been sightings of a Delphi to Java bytecodes
converter by Inprise. Any news?
No preannouncement for Delphi 5? I though Inprise was
committed to a yearly release.

REMOVE nospam. in my address

Please note our recent change of area code from
714 to 949

Quoc Thang NGUYEN
Laboratory of Cellular and
Molecular Neurobiology
Dept. of Psychobiology
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA92717 USA
Ph: (949) 824-4730
Fx: (949) 824-3522

Re:Where is that Pascal to Java converter?

: qngu...@darwin.bio.uci.edu.nospam (Quoc Thang Nguyen) wrote:

>There has been sightings of a Delphi to Java bytecodes
>converter by Inprise. Any news?

No - except that they do not commit to anything (this was mentioned as
part of a chat - check the Inprise site)

>No preannouncement for Delphi 5?

Inprise does not pre-announce.

>I though Inprise was
>committed to a yearly release.

When was Delphi 4 released? (trick question)

--
Stefan Hoffmeister    (http://www.econos.de/)
No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

Re:Where is that Pascal to Java converter?

Read the Delphi chat on www.inprise.com and a file called
chat121798.htm. This Delphi to Java bytecode compiler is so far only a
experiment, not a commitment.

PP

Quoc Thang Nguyen wrote:
> Just curious,

> There has been sightings of a Delphi to Java bytecodes
> converter by Inprise. Any news?
> No preannouncement for Delphi 5? I though Inprise was
> committed to a yearly release.

> REMOVE nospam. in my address

> Please note our recent change of area code from
> 714 to 949

> Quoc Thang NGUYEN
> Laboratory of Cellular and
> Molecular Neurobiology
> Dept. of Psychobiology
> University of California, Irvine
> Irvine, CA92717 USA
> Ph: (949) 824-4730
> Fx: (949) 824-3522

Re:Where is that Pascal to Java converter?

> There has been sightings of a Delphi to Java bytecodes
> converter by Inprise. Any news?

Nothing really since the ICon98 show (see www.drbob42.com/borcon98.htm)
or the chat...

Groetjes,