NLS LANG

Hello to all. I have got an application in Delphi5 + Oracle 8.0.5 that
cannot read the right NLS Language Format. The machine that it runs to has
two ORACLE HOMES. The default is Home1 but there is also a HOME0 with
strange settings. Does anybody know where the BDE gets its NLS and NET80
settings from?

Thanks in advance
GEORGE

Re:NLS LANG

Hi George
BDE's behavior is according with settings you 've made on oracle client.
These settings are stored on registry file on Windows. Simply go to Registry
file and set the registry key called NLS_LANG with desired NLS language and
that's it.

But i suggest you to use ODAC components dor access to oracle database,
because they have possibility to set nls language on session, so you don't
need to do anything into registry file.

Bye!

Nake Micev
CodEx Computers
Macedonia

"George Georgopoulos" <georgopou...@abe.gr> wrote in message

> Hello to all. I have got an application in Delphi5 + Oracle 8.0.5 that
> cannot read the right NLS Language Format. The machine that it runs to has
> two ORACLE HOMES. The default is Home1 but there is also a HOME0 with
> strange settings. Does anybody know where the BDE gets its NLS and NET80
> settings from?

> Thanks in advance
> GEORGE

Other Threads