Informix 9 Decimal Data type conversion

Updating a field DECIMAL (6) I get 'Field type not supported' from Intersolv
ODBC Driver using a BDE Delph 5 application.
If I modify the same field with dbExplorer with the same configuration all
is OK.
I Assign the value with fieldbyname.asFloat becouse Field.DataType id
ftfloat.
What is it wrong?
Thank you.
Alberto Amcr

Re:Informix 9 Decimal Data type conversion

Why do you use DECIMAL if no decimals defined? You could change to INTEGER.

May be the problem is that the BDE is expecting decimals to be retrieved.

--
Ing. Eduardo Martinez Ocampo
Chief of Information Systems

Re:Informix 9 Decimal Data type conversion

Re:Informix 9 Decimal Data type conversion

I can't change data fields becouse the DataBase if owned by one Hospital
with tens of old COBOL  applications that  must be rewritten.
I don't understand why dbExplorer wich is based on BDE too succed in
updating the table and my application not.
The layers are the sames  Application>>BDE>>InterSolv ODBC>>Informix
Thank you.
Ing. Alberto Macr.
{*word*137}
ROMA
Italy

Eduardo Martinez Ocampo <eduar...@nospam.ieqsa.com.mx> wrote in message
3a705e0b_2@dnews...

> Why do you use DECIMAL if no decimals defined? You could change to
INTEGER.

> May be the problem is that the BDE is expecting decimals to be retrieved.

> --
> Ing. Eduardo Martinez Ocampo
> Chief of Information Systems
> Industria Envasadora de Queretaro, S.A, de C.V.
> "The Coca-Cola Canning Plant"
> Queretaro, Qro Mexico

Re:Informix 9 Decimal Data type conversion

Re:Informix 9 Decimal Data type conversion

Are you using persistent fields?
Have you tried to use Value property instead of AsFloat?

I'm still thinking that it is related with the fact that there are no
decimals defined in a Decimal type field.

--
Ing. Eduardo Martinez Ocampo
Chief of Information Systems
Industria Envasadora de Queretaro, S.A, de C.V.
"The Coca-Cola Canning Plant"
Queretaro, Qro Mexico

Other Threads