MsSql Server 7 and Small Money Problems

Hi!

I have a app written in Delphi 5 that access a SQLServer 7 via BDE and
TTable that have a field of type
SmallMoney.
My local configurations on Win98SE use Brazil configurations (i.e.) "." as
thousand separator and ", " as decimal.

Now if the user  insert a new record and type 100 value the value that is
send to SQL really is 10,000.00
and after that any change  he tries to this field  triggers an error message
like "Illegal char type in a numeric field".  (Even if this value is a
integer value with no decimal place, but my display mask is "#,###.00".

It seems to be a Local Configuration problem but till now i didn't find any
workaround for this.

Any ideas or insights would be really  wellcome.

Thanks.

Re:MsSql Server 7 and Small Money Problems

Hi Hlcio,

I have experienced the same problem. We also use the "." as thousand
separator
and "," as decimal (Dutch configuration). The only workaround I found so far
is
to access the SQLServer 7 via ODBC.

If you recieve any information to workaround or solve this problem, would
you please
be so kind to e-mail me this.

Greetings Marco Gosselink
The Netherlands

Hlcio Sugiyama <helci...@uol.com.br> schreef in berichtnieuws
8agquh$m...@bornews.borland.com...

> Hi!

> I have a app written in Delphi 5 that access a SQLServer 7 via BDE and
> TTable that have a field of type
> SmallMoney.
> My local configurations on Win98SE use Brazil configurations (i.e.) "." as
> thousand separator and ", " as decimal.

> Now if the user  insert a new record and type 100 value the value that is
> send to SQL really is 10,000.00
> and after that any change  he tries to this field  triggers an error
message
> like "Illegal char type in a numeric field".  (Even if this value is a
> integer value with no decimal place, but my display mask is "#,###.00".

> It seems to be a Local Configuration problem but till now i didn't find
any
> workaround for this.

> Any ideas or insights would be really  wellcome.

> Thanks.

Other Threads