Oracle: executing Stored Procedures that return a recordset

Config:  Oracle 8.0.5.  Delphi 4.0 C/S.  SP3   BDE 5.01   NT Server 4.0 SP4
Error:  invalid cursor

Stored Procedure worked in an app developed with Delphi 3 but when migrated
it did not work anymore.
The stored procedure call is executed from a remote location.

Anybody encountered anything similar?

Thank you,

Cosmin

Re:Oracle: executing Stored Procedures that return a recordset

I had a similar problem with Oracle 7.x as I recall.  Go to the TStoredProc,
Params property.  Select the parameter.  Each parameter has a set of properties
including ParamType and DataType.  I believe DataType may need to be changed to
ftCursor in the Delphi 4 version.
Cosmin Ioan wrote:
> Config:  Oracle 8.0.5.  Delphi 4.0 C/S.  SP3   BDE 5.01   NT Server 4.0 SP4
> Error:  invalid cursor

> Stored Procedure worked in an app developed with Delphi 3 but when migrated
> it did not work anymore.
> The stored procedure call is executed from a remote location.

> Anybody encountered anything similar?

> Thank you,

> Cosmin

Other Threads