Detecting SQL Client

I am trying to find a way of detecting whether MSSQL Client has been
installed on a machine.

Is there a setting in the Registry that will help me find out what version
of the Client the machine is running?

Thanking anyone in advance.

Re:Detecting SQL Client

This really sounds like something for Microsoft's technical support.

Jeremy wrote:

> I am trying to find a way of detecting whether MSSQL Client has been
> installed on a machine.

> Is there a setting in the Registry that will help me find out what version
> of the Client the machine is running?

> Thanking anyone in advance.

Re:Detecting SQL Client

Hi

I'm not sure if this is what you want to do.

    //Check that the MSSQL SQLLinks driver is installed for the BDE
    Session.active := true;
    tmpList := TStringList.create;
    session.GetDriverNames(tmpList);
    tmpFound := false;
    for No := 0 to tmpList.count-1 do if tmpList[No] = 'MSSQL' then tmpFound
:= true;
    tmpList.free;
    if not tmpFound then begin
      Memo.Lines.add(PrintDateTime+'ERROR "MSSQL" driver not found in BDE.');
      exit;
    end;

cheers
Ian