gbak ERROR: Internal GDS Software Consistency Check

I am getting the following error while trying to back up a database:

gbak: ERROR: internal gds software consistency check (decompression overran
buffer(179))

I have tried a backup with all sorts of switch options to no avail.

I know from the verbose backup which table is causing the error.

The client has no tape backups that do not have this error in the database.

Is there someway I can export the damaged records out of the database and
write a Delphi program to re-insert them?

What other options are available to try and salvage this database?

Thanks for any assistance.

Matthew Pascoe.

Re:gbak ERROR: Internal GDS Software Consistency Check

As you already notice your database is corrupt. There is no standard
procedures to recover. Since the backups are useless do the better you can
for recover data. Witch version of IB are using you ?

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Matthew Pascoe wrote:
> I am getting the following error while trying to back up a database:

> gbak: ERROR: internal gds software consistency check (decompression overran
> buffer(179))

> I have tried a backup with all sorts of switch options to no avail.

> I know from the verbose backup which table is causing the error.

> The client has no tape backups that do not have this error in the database.

> Is there someway I can export the damaged records out of the database and
> write a Delphi program to re-insert them?

> What other options are available to try and salvage this database?

   Hi, Matthew. Try gfix/gbak. Look my post (last) in the thread "IB Freezing"
on last Tuesday.

Best regards.

Other Threads