Internal gds software consistency check error

I'm getting the following error when trying to perform a backup (interbase ver 5.0)and a similar error when trying to load any of our API's;

gbak: ERROR: internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page (165))
gbak: Exiting before completion due to errors
gbak: ERROR: internal gds software consistency check (can't continue after bugcheck)

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Adam

Re:Internal gds software consistency check error

I just saw the earlier post on this same issue, I'm getting this error on backup, but validation reports no problems.

Re:Internal gds software consistency check error

I've resolved the issue by restoring from a backup, I can only assume the error was due to DB corruption.
If anyone knows exactly what causes this problem I'd appreciate hearing from you so I can avoid the same problem in the future.

Thanks

Re:Internal gds software consistency check error

1. Those kind of messages are telling you that there is corruption on your
db.
2. IB version prior to 5.6 has a bug witch corrupts databases. Upgrade to
5.6 (I don't known if upgrade still available for free), upgrade to IB 6
Open Source or upgrade to IB 6 Certified.

adam wrote:

> If anyone knows exactly what causes this problem I'd appreciate
> hearing from you so I can avoid the same problem in the future.

o  Turn forced writes OFF.  (Note this is not the default.)
o  Get the latest version of IB (6.0.1.6).
o  Don't let an individual file grow larger than 2 GB on Unix or 4 GB on
Windows.  Add additional files to the DB to prevent this, if necessary.

        HTH,

        -Craig

"Craig Stuntz (TeamB)" wrote:

> o  Turn forced writes OFF.  (Note this is not the default.)

        Sorry.  I wrote exactly the opposite of what I intended.  I meant to
say, turn Forced Writes ON.

        -Craig