Borland TP 5.5 Install

I am sure that this answer has been addressed here before, but here goes
anyway.  I need to re-install TP 5.5 (DOS), and I had problems under Windows
95 running the "Install" program.  Here is the error:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated.
Quit all program, and then restart your computer.

If the program consistently encounters problems, click the Start button,
then select Help, Troubleshooting, and 'If you have trouble running MS-DOS
programs'.

OK

<The details on this screen>

The program tried to execute an invalid instruction.

Fault location:  Unknown

Interrupts in service:  None

I do not have problems running other DOS apps.  As a matter of fact I can
run the "Tour.exe" file that comes within this package.  This is a weird
one.  I can
also reboot in "prompt only" mode and it still does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Sam

Re:Borland TP 5.5 Install

In article <8q8r8m02...@enews4.newsguy.com>,
  "Sam" <kstho...@texoma.net> wrote:

> I am sure that this answer has been addressed here before, but here
goes
> anyway.  I need to re-install TP 5.5 (DOS), and I had problems under
Windows
> 95 running the "Install" program.  Here is the error:

> This program has performed an illegal operation and will be
terminated.
> Quit all program, and then restart your computer.

> If the program consistently encounters problems, click the Start
button,
> then select Help, Troubleshooting, and 'If you have trouble running
MS-DOS
> programs'.

> OK

> <The details on this screen>

> The program tried to execute an invalid instruction.

> Fault location:  Unknown

> Interrupts in service:  None

> I do not have problems running other DOS apps.  As a matter of fact I
can
> run the "Tour.exe" file that comes within this package.  This is a
weird
> one.  I can
> also reboot in "prompt only" mode and it still does not work.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Regards,

> -Sam

Your disks may be defective. Download a working copy of it a(legally) at
http://community.borland.com/museum. And if it still does not work, copy
UNZIP.COM to your target directory before installing.

--
Rudolf Polzer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.