*** Need Help Finding Components ***

Hello All.  I need a few components, and I can't seem to find them.  I
could write them, but I have never done this before, and I don't know how
or even where to begin.

What I need is something similar to a TextGrid, but with the ability to
wrap lines within the cell.  The cell needs to have several names in it,
and I must have seven of these across.  I would like to do this without
having to have the cell width some ludicrous number.  Is there a component
out there that will allow me to put multiple lines of text in an
individual cell?

I also need a component that will access the sound card, and read in the
input from the card (coming from line in or mic in).  I then need to do a
fast fourier transform and a bunch of other stuff.  What I need is a
component that will access the sound card.  I may use Delphi 3 for this
part (graphing components, I am told).  Does Delphi 3 come with such
capabilities, or am I doomed to search the web and beg from those better
than myself?

Any help would be, well, helpful.  I would appreciate it greatly.  Oh
yeah, due to budget considerations, the components in question would have
to be free.

-- Stephen Wilhelm
-- Mississippi College

Re:*** Need Help Finding Components ***

Stephen Wilhelm wrote:

> Hello All.  I need a few components, and I can't seem to find them.  I
> could write them, but I have never done this before, and I don't know how
> or even where to begin.

> What I need is something similar to a TextGrid, but with the ability to
> wrap lines within the cell.  The cell needs to have several names in it,
> and I must have seven of these across.  I would like to do this without
> having to have the cell width some ludicrous number.  Is there a component
> out there that will allow me to put multiple lines of text in an
> individual cell?

You can do this by using the OnCellDraw event of the TStringGrid.
In this routine, you can trap the drawing of every cell and do whatever
you want with the output.  It's a little tricky at first, but once
you're familiar with this event, you can do some nice things quickly.

I'm not saying you should stop looking for a control.  But the ability
is there if you need it.

  - scv (scott)

Other Threads