"wizards", "gurus", "anybody" Please help me

Hello, how are you?

   Well this is my problem.  I am currently a student, who just finished up
a P/T course in Turbo Pascal 7 through the British Columbia Institute of
Technology.  I have a friend who is quite knowledgeable with Delphi 2.0 and
is presently working for a company in my area.

He had told me that the way to go was Delphi, and I did not disagree with
him!  I purchased Delphi 2.0 Developer, and then upgraded a short time
later to D3 Professional.  The problem I have here is this:

I know Windows 95 & NT and all the inner guts about Computer Systems and
all the apps. (Microsoft Office, Internet, etc)
I only know a top down procedural foundation language (TP 7.0)
I do not know anything about OOP/OOD (Objects in General)
I have never worked with any type of Database languages or SQL

I would like to learn D3 Professional from the ground up (covering all
aspects in-depth Objects/OOP/OOD/Databases, Dll's, Coponent Writing,
Packages, etc) and do not know where to look!  All the universities,
Technical Institutions, etc  all cover C/C++ and do not cover Delphi.
I've taken a look on the net and only seem to find the quick 5 day courses
for advanced developers.

Even if it is a 5 day course for beginners, what can anyone learn in 5
days??

I would like to find a course that covers all the aspects of Delphi and
would like to become very knowledgeable and fluent with the language!  I
know I am good at working with programming for if I wasn't, I wouldn't have
passed TP 7 with 95%.

I've worked with computers for about 5 years now in the following areas:
 building systems,
upgrading systems,
homepage designs,
Internet,
PhotoShop,
Microsoft Office,
Etc

I did not know what else I could do, so I decided to take up programming!
I guess the main thing here is.  The languages are upgrading so quick and
have been out for so long that I would like to jump on the bandwagon and
start taking advantage of what this field has to offer!

If you could please recommend a training facility, or a private trainer in
my area that covers all aspects of Delphi (Delphi 3.0 Professional if
possible) that would be greatly appreciated!  The reason I say D3 is
because that is the version I'm working with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S.  I live in the Vancouver, British Columbia - Canada area

Thanks again!

Shane Escher
e-mail: starg...@smartt.com

Re:"wizards", "gurus", "anybody" Please help me

It is not how much education you have...........

Seek opportunities to use and learn new things while solving real application
problems.......

Programming isn't fully "learned"....... in school....../

In article <01bc6ae6$ea3fbfc0$8a1e66cf@hacker>, "Shane Escher"

Other Threads