SQL/Anywhere Interfacing

I was wondering what other think is the best (most stable, fast, flexible
etc) way to access SQL/Anywhere databases.  I know of three means:

1: BDE/ODBC
2: ODBC Express
3: Titan SQL/Anywhere

Does anyone have thoughts?

Paul

Re:SQL/Anywhere Interfacing

>Does anyone have thoughts?

I like www.odbcexpress.com with odbc.

Using the BDE is just plain dumb with ODBC. Why? Odbc provides it's
own buffering so why use another layer between you and it?

Titan is probably a fine product from a fine company but I don't have
any specific experience with it.

My theory is that ODBC is a standard and the same tools/code I use to
develop using ODBC can be used against, duh, other odbc backends.
It's plenty fast if the driver is and the SQL A driver is excellent.

  E-mail from: Steve Garland,Hyper Logic Resource Group http://netnow.micron.net/~sgarland
  CAD Text Magician-CTM32 (Condoc Management), Paradox Infirmary & Resort (fix paradox files and more!)
  Delphi Visual CADD (tm)Component (HVCADD)- View and Manipulate AutoCAD (c) DWG Files

Re:SQL/Anywhere Interfacing

Paul

I haven't tried Titan, but I have tried ODBC Express.  And I loved it.
 As a form of anecdotal evidence, you may be aware that SQL Anywhere
had a problem (until recently with V5.5.04) with providing BLOBS > 32K
to Delphi.  When I informed DataSoft (makers of ODBC Express), they
coded a workaround for me - AND THAT WAS BEFORE I BOUGHT IT!

Needless to say, I coughed up the cost pretty quick - and haven't
looked back.

Derek Davidson

(Remove the x to EMail me : der...@mksoft.com)

Other Threads