Using Delphi 2 with delphi 6

Hello all,
                Since purchasing delphi 6 personal, i have scratched my head
over how to get the features that i had with delphi 2 standard, namely The
Borland Database Engine.I have come up with an idea to get the best out of
all my programming languages , if it is feasable, hence this posting.I had
acquired quite a lot of components for my delphi 2 standard, and would like
to use their features.

Here is the question :-
would it be possible for a database program with delphi 2 to pass it's
information to a delphi 6 personal program, purely for display.
If so it may also be possible to pass visual basic , Java etc program
information to your basic delphi 6 personal.even though extra programs would
be required, you would get the best of the features from all the programs.I
just want to supplement the features in my delphi 6 pesonal with the
features in my delphi 2 standard.
I don't have enough knowledge at this moment in time, but hope that you may
be able to give me the benefit of your experience.

Regards Mike Geraghty.

Re:Using Delphi 2 with delphi 6

orion45 (orio...@ic24.net) wrote:

:                 Since purchasing delphi 6 personal, i have scratched my head
: over how to get the features that i had with delphi 2 standard, namely The
: Borland Database Engine.I have come up with an idea to get the best out of
: all my programming languages , if it is feasable, hence this posting.I had
: acquired quite a lot of components for my delphi 2 standard, and would like
: to use their features.

Big spender, huh? :)
By the way, you do realize D6Pers is available as a free download?

Passing all the data in an array in memory would be pretty tricky.
You could write the data to a comma-delimited file, and then
read it in to string lists.  It wouldn't be fast, as it would
involve writing to disk and reading from disk.

If you're ready to move away from the BDE to something else
(The BDE is now in "maintenance mode," and won't be around
forever), there are some add-on components/libraries developed
just to allow data access in Personal.  One is at
http://mylittlebase.org/  Two others were mentioned in a recent
posting at borland.public.delphi.thirdparty-tools
--
Rick Carter