Multiple databases

Hi all

Im writing a large application in Delphi which relies heavily on over
50 database-tables, some small some large. I find myself constantly
creating tables or queries, select or search one or more records,
retrieve field-info or make field alterations, and then freeing these
objects again.

- Is it safe to create and open all or most of these tables at the
beginning of the application and use global variables to access them ?

- Is it possible to create a table or query without an Owner form ?

thanks,bye! email reactions please

Scout Kirk Olson
lo...@euronet.nl

Re:Multiple databases

Scout Kirk Olson wrote:

> Hi all

> Im writing a large application in Delphi which relies heavily on over
> 50 database-tables, some small some large. I find myself constantly
> creating tables or queries, select or search one or more records,
> retrieve field-info or make field alterations, and then freeing these
> objects again.

> - Is it safe to create and open all or most of these tables at the
> beginning of the application and use global variables to access them ?

> - Is it possible to create a table or query without an Owner form ?

> thanks,bye! email reactions please

> Scout Kirk Olson
> lo...@euronet.nl

yes it is possible to create and open a table or query without an owner
form.

procedure myproc;
var Table1:TTable
begin