Making Query for DBF file from Dos Prompt

[
  my code has a lot of Borland-isms -- moved out of the generic Pascal group
]

ZIYA ASKAR <zi...@doruk.com.tr> writes:
> I want to query a dbf file from dos prompt,and I want the result of the
> query to be written to a text file

> c:\query.exe field'name' source.dbf result.txt

I have this program from long ago:

   6672  02-20-91  13:42  ^dblist.pas

program dblist;

it allows:

  dblist file.dbf name age income > result.txt
or
  dblist file.dbf name age income for name Smith > result.txt

which sounds like what you want.

--
Russell_Sch...@locutus.ofB.ORG  Shad 86c

Re:Making Query for DBF file from Dos Prompt

In article <960219.133730.5g5.rnr.w1...@locutus.ofB.ORG>,
   Russell_Sch...@locutus.ofB.ORG (Russell Schulz) wrote:

>[
>  my code has a lot of Borland-isms -- moved out of the generic Pascal group
>]

>ZIYA ASKAR <zi...@doruk.com.tr> writes:

>> I want to query a dbf file from dos prompt,and I want the result of the
>> query to be written to a text file

>> c:\query.exe field'name' source.dbf result.txt
>I have this program from long ago:
>   6672  02-20-91  13:42  ^dblist.pas
>program dblist;
>it allows:
>  dblist file.dbf name age income > result.txt
>or
>  dblist file.dbf name age income for name Smith > result.txt
>which sounds like what you want.
>>  Zi...@doruk.com.tr

I would like to know how you were able to access dbase files and manipulate
the data.  Please E-Mail me any advice or source code you think would be
helpful. Thank you

equit...@neptune.com

equit...@neptune.com (Jose M Hernandez) writes:

>>program dblist;
>>it allows:
>>  dblist file.dbf name age income > result.txt
>>or
>>  dblist file.dbf name age income for name Smith > result.txt

> I would like to know how you were able to access dbase files and
> manipulate the data.

the file formats are widely documented (and straightforward enough that
Ashton-Tate's competitors could get it right easily (which is good for
competition), unlike, say, Exc*l or W*rd).
--
Russell_Sch...@locutus.ofB.ORG  Shad 86c

Other Threads