How do I change Screen Resolution/Size programmatically?

Without getting into DirectX, is there a way to programmatically change the
user's screen resolution in Delphi4?

-John

Re:How do I change Screen Resolution/Size programmatically?

John Tintinalli wrote in message <76tqnq$b3...@forums.borland.com>...
>Without getting into DirectX, is there a way to programmatically change the
>user's screen resolution in Delphi4?

Use the ChangeDisplaySettings API call.  Look for an example,
Inprise Q&A 749, "Changing the display mode settings in code,"
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/749.html

PC Magazine, Sept 22, 98, also discussed this API call
(pp. 252-254) but it was with a VB example.

Find this and related Delphi Graphics API info at
www.efg2.com/lab/library/Delphi/Graphics/Win32API.htm

efg
_________________________________
efg's Computer Lab:       www.efg2.com/lab
Delphi Books:  www.efg2.com/lab/TechBooks/Delphi.htm

Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:How do I change Screen Resolution/Size programmatically?

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:57:57 -0500, "John Tintinalli"

<jtintina...@nlmi.com> wrote:
>Without getting into DirectX, is there a way to programmatically change the
>user's screen resolution in Delphi4?

Use the ChangeDisplaySettings function. Some changes might require a
reboot, though.

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yaminov
(TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.
To contact me for any other reason remove nospam from my address)

Re:How do I change Screen Resolution/Size programmatically?

John Tintinalli wrote in message <76tqnq$b3...@forums.borland.com>...
>Without getting into DirectX, is there a way to programmatically change the
>user's screen resolution in Delphi4?

>-John

You may want to reconsider doing this. You can trash a persons desktop
layout.

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

Re:How do I change Screen Resolution/Size programmatically?

It is a bad idea. Don't do it without the users appreciation.

Rene

John Tintinalli wrote:

> Without getting into DirectX, is there a way to programmatically change the
> user's screen resolution in Delphi4?

> -John

Re:How do I change Screen Resolution/Size programmatically?

If you use the right flags with ChangeDisplaySettings, the desktop
will be saved such that it can be restored with another call to
ChangeDisplaySettings (CDS_FULLSCREEN I believe).

In most cases it is rude behaviour to change the display mode without
permission, and in any case be sure to leave things the way you found
them when the program started.

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:55:17 -0500, "Frederick C. Wilt"

<fcw...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>John Tintinalli wrote in message <76tqnq$b3...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Without getting into DirectX, is there a way to programmatically change the
>>user's screen resolution in Delphi4?

>>-John

>You may want to reconsider doing this. You can trash a persons desktop
>layout.

>Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

Chris Hill
Chris...@aol.com

Rene Tschaggelar wrote in message <3692AB53.8CFB4...@access.ch>...
>It is a bad idea. Don't do it without the users appreciation.

appreciation?

>Rene

>John Tintinalli wrote:

>> Without getting into DirectX, is there a way to programmatically change
the
>> user's screen resolution in Delphi4?

>> -John

Other Threads