Error: System resource exceeded

Hi

D5 Ent. Update Pack 1
MDAC 2.61
WinNT 4.0 SP6

Other application is generating dBase files. I have to import this data
using MS Jet into my database (Sybase). My application checks if new file
was created in data-exchange directory, imports it and then deletes imported
dBase file. After importing about 40 dBase files "System resource exceeded"
error occures.
I've created simple test application which connects to dBase file, opens
file, closes file and connection in infinite loop. The result was the same.
I tried to create new connection and dataset and free them in runtime for
every file. No effect.
What's more inserting sleep(60000) after disconnecting helps.
Maybe some resources are pooled for some time. I tried to disable default
provider services with "OLE DB SERVICES=0" in connection string but still
nothing.

Excel, Paradox, Access DB files works fine.

I tried everything that I know.  Does anyone has any suggestions.

This is my connection string:
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=E:\dropIt\dropIt\;
Mode=Read;Extended Properties=dBase III;

TIA
Waldek

Re:Error: System resource exceeded

On Wed, 15 May 2002 18:01:24 +0200, "Wam" <w...@noMail.com> wrote:
>I've created simple test application which connects to dBase file, opens
>file, closes file and connection in infinite loop.

At the end of each Loop close the default TSession object so it will
release the BDE cache and see if it helps.

Session.Close;
Session.Open;

Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

"If you cannot conceive the idea you
 will never achieve the desired results"

Re:Error: System resource exceeded

> At the end of each Loop close the default TSession object so it will
> release the BDE cache and see if it helps.

> Session.Close;
> Session.Open;

As I'm using TADOConnection and TADODataSet I have no TSession object.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Waldek

Other Threads