Newbie - Create Database

Hi,

Im trying to create a new database.
First Ive tried with user "Sys" and a "not enough privileges" error
message was displayed. Then, using the Oracle Navigator, Ive created an
user with all privileges and all roles, got connected with this new user
on SQL*Plus and tried again. All I got was the same error message.
Whats wrong in this process. It isnt possible to create a new database
?

Thanks in advance.

Carlos.

Re:Newbie - Create Database

What do you mean you want create a database? Table? Schema?
And it's not a good idea to create any objects as a SYS user... All you need
is a user with Create Session and Create table priviliges...
AdamG

----------
E-mail: nazgul.pol...@poland.mindless.com
When replying please remove both Poland from e-mail
----------

"Suporte Tcnico" <supo...@stf.com.br> wrote in message

> Hi,

> Im trying to create a new database.
> First Ive tried with user "Sys" and a "not enough privileges" error
> message was displayed. Then, using the Oracle Navigator, Ive created an
> user with all privileges and all roles, got connected with this new user
> on SQL*Plus and tried again. All I got was the same error message.
> Whats wrong in this process. It isnt possible to create a new database
> ?

> Thanks in advance.

> Carlos.

Re:Newbie - Create Database

All our applications are using dBase tables. When I said "create a new
database", I was thinking about something like a database for each
application, since all data are exclusive for each one.

Thanks a lot...

AdamG wrote:

> What do you mean you want create a database? Table? Schema?
> And it's not a good idea to create any objects as a SYS user... All you need
> is a user with Create Session and Create table priviliges...
> AdamG

> --
> E-mail: nazgul.pol...@poland.mindless.com
> When replying please remove both Poland from e-mail
> "Suporte Tcnico" <supo...@stf.com.br> wrote in message

Other Threads