Interbase Express only with InterBase 6 (or with out dates)

Doing a Insert with a TIBSQL

got message:
Project Art_Ausgang.exe raised exception class EIBClientErro with message
'isc_encode_sql_date is an InterBase6
function. Please upgrade to InterBase6 to use this functionality'. Process
stopped. Use Step or Run to continue.

InterBase Express is killing me!

Re:Interbase Express only with InterBase 6 (or with out dates)

Try in the IB news group. As far as I known IBX is being developed by IB,
not Borland.

Re:Interbase Express only with InterBase 6 (or with out dates)

Hi Dexter,

This is a known bug and will be fixed in an update scheduled for Oct 17th
(or earlier). Please check the InterBase web site or the news groups for the
announcement.

If you would like, please make the following changes in IBSQL.pas to
workaround the problem for now:

Change the line
*****  if FSQL.Database.SQLDialect >= 3 then
****** if FSQL.Database.SQLDialect < 3 then

in the following 2 functions

***** TIBXSQLVAR.SetAsDate
AND
*****TIBXSQLVAR.SetAsTime

In the future please use the IB Express news group
borland.public.delphi.database.InterBaseExpress or
interbase.public.InterBaseExpress

Regards
Ravi
InterBase R&D

Dexter Le Blanc <Ad...@Fichtl.com> wrote in message

> Doing a Insert with a TIBSQL

> got message:
> Project Art_Ausgang.exe raised exception class EIBClientErro with message
> 'isc_encode_sql_date is an InterBase6
> function. Please upgrade to InterBase6 to use this functionality'. Process
> stopped. Use Step or Run to continue.

> InterBase Express is killing me!

Other Threads