columns in TTreeNT

        Hi,

        I'm using TTreeNT23.

        I'm trying to set up the treeview where the nodes appear to have
columns of data. The main nodes can have up to 3 levels of subnodes, and
all of the nodes can have checkboxes. for example:

        + [ ] Main Node       column1data     column2data
            + [ ] SubNode 1       column1data     column2data
                + [ ] SubNode 2       column1data     column2data
                           [ ] SubNode 3       column1data
column2data

        all of the "columns" in the different nodes contain the same data, just
different accumulated levels of the data.

        What I'm trying to accomplish is to get all of the "columns" to line up
across all of the nodes. I have been able to get all of the columns
within a level of node to line up by going to a monospaced font, and
adding spaces as necessary. However, the checkboxes (and the + indicator
(HasChildren)) are not a fixed amount that I can compensate for.

        Do you have any idea of how I can accomplish this?

        Thanks,
        Wayne

Re:columns in TTreeNT

Try FlyTreeView from http://www.imcasys.com/flytree.htm - multicolumnar
TreeView.

Wayne Sheffield <wgs...@atel.net> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I'm using TTreeNT23.

> I'm trying to set up the treeview where the nodes appear to have
>columns of data. The main nodes can have up to 3 levels of subnodes, and
>all of the nodes can have checkboxes. for example:

> + [ ] Main Node       column1data     column2data
>     + [ ] SubNode 1       column1data     column2data
>         + [ ] SubNode 2       column1data     column2data
>                           [ ] SubNode 3       column1data
>column2data

> all of the "columns" in the different nodes contain the same data, just
>different accumulated levels of the data.

> What I'm trying to accomplish is to get all of the "columns" to line up
>across all of the nodes. I have been able to get all of the columns
>within a level of node to line up by going to a monospaced font, and
>adding spaces as necessary. However, the checkboxes (and the + indicator
>(HasChildren)) are not a fixed amount that I can compensate for.

> Do you have any idea of how I can accomplish this?

> Thanks,
> Wayne

Re:columns in TTreeNT

Wayne Sheffield wrote:
>         I'm using TTreeNT23.
>         What I'm trying to accomplish is to get all of the "columns" to line up
> across all of the nodes. I have been able to get all of the columns
> within a level of node to line up by going to a monospaced font, and
> adding spaces as necessary. However, the checkboxes (and the + indicator
> (HasChildren)) are not a fixed amount that I can compensate for.

You may want to use professional and advanced component, that doesn't use ComCtl32 and so
doesn't give you so much problems. Take a look at ElTree
(http://eldos.hypermart.net/elpack.html).

--
Eugene Mayevski,
Certified Master Delphi Programmer (e-Certificate by TekMetrics)

Other Threads