Memory consumption

Hi newsgroup,

can someone explain me this (it's about memory usage):
When creating a small app, say a TDatabase and a TQuery (doesn't matter if
against BDE or JET[using Opus]) and a button (opening the database and the
query, then closing the query [close] and the database[connected = false]),
and run this app, the memory usage is 'normal' until i click the
button...now after pushing it the memory usage ('real' and 'virtual') goes
up some megs and STAYS there, even if the query and the database is closed
(or even freed [ok, some bytes are freed then, but not some MBytes.]) .

Can someone tell my how i can free this allocated memory ?? Or even explan
WHY it stays allocated??
(The memory is allocated on calls to DBIInit and DBIOpenDatabase, some memoy
is freed if i call session.close, but after that call i can't access a
database anymore:)
Hope it isn't to wired to understand.. ;-)

Re:Memory consumption

My guess is that what you are seeing is the BDE allocating memory for its
read cache the first time you open a table. Some memory will also be
consumed by BDE DLLs loading.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)