DBase III Tables - Language and Level

Hi everyone,

Got a serious problem for me and I'm trying to find a solution.

This story starts with Delphi 4.

We have an application that connects to an Interbase server and extracts
records that are exported to a DBF table. To generate the resulting table,
we have a 'generator' (an empty table with a dBase III structure) that is
copied and renamed and filled up with the records to be exported. So far, so
good.
To solve the problem of the language, because with are working with SPANISH,
we configured the BDE as follows in the
Configuration -> Drivers -> Native -> Dbase tab:

LANGDRIVER    =    dBASE ESP cp437
LEVEL                 =    5

And everything was working fine, even if the level might seem wrong.

With Delphi 5, and the new version of the BDE,

We have maintained the same configuration for the dBase drivers, but we have
made modifications on the applications and made new ones.

Now, with the recompiled and new applications, we are experiencing problems
when the text of a record contains double quotes (") (double " and not two
single '') and only with that character, and we have been able to solve them
only when the BDE 5.10 is installed in the machine where the application is
running. With BDE 6.10 (I guess, D5) it fails.

ANY CLUE?

Thanks a lot.

Flix

Re:DBase III Tables - Language and Level

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:09:18 +0200, "Felix Duran" <Fel...@upn.es>
wrote:

>Now, with the recompiled and new applications, we are experiencing problems
>when the text of a record contains double quotes (") (double " and not two
>single '') and only with that character, and we have been able to solve them
>only when the BDE 5.10 is installed in the machine where the application is
>running. With BDE 6.10 (I guess, D5) it fails.

AFAIK there is no such thing as BDE 6.10 yet.

The quotes that are giving you trouble are probably the 'curly' double
quotes #147 and #148.  It is hard to immagine that the normal double
quotes (#33) would give wrong results.  You can try to replace the
curly quotes with the normal one, but FYI, D4 and D5 work happily with
the same BDE versions (5.0 or 5.1).

Jan

Other Threads