db alias not showing up in db desktop

I just created a new alias to a Sybase 11 ODBC datasource using the BDE
Admin utility.  The alias works just fine inside a Delphi application
however, it doesn't show up in the Database Desktop.  All my other
aliases show up there including those to Sybase ODBC datasources.  Is
there something else I need to do to get this alias to show up in the db
desktop?

System:
Delphi 3.0 c/s
Win95
Intersolve 32-ODBC drivers for Sybase System 10
Sybase 11.03 running on an RS6000

Thanks,
Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: l...@email.adp.unc.edu
         dra...@email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.adp.unc.edu/~allrp/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Re:db alias not showing up in db desktop

Ray Porter <l...@email.adp.unc.edu> ???? a ?t
<3415AC5C.2...@email.adp.unc.edu>...

> I just created a new alias to a Sybase 11 ODBC datasource using the BDE
> Admin utility.  The alias works just fine inside a Delphi application
> however, it doesn't show up in the Database Desktop.  All my other
> aliases show up there including those to Sybase ODBC datasources.  Is
> there something else I need to do to get this alias to show up in the db
> desktop?

> System:
> Delphi 3.0 c/s
> Win95
> Intersolve 32-ODBC drivers for Sybase System 10
> Sybase 11.03 running on an RS6000

> Thanks,

BDE can work with ODBC DSN directly, but DBD need BDE alias created in BDE
Admin.
I think your not create alias in BDE Administrator but create DSN in ODBC
Admin.
Try recreate BDE alias again.

Dmitriy Anisimkov.

Other Threads