Runnuing Turbo Pascal 7.0 in Windows 98

I've just bought a new PC running Windows 98.
Having installed Turbo Pascal 7.0 I find that the editor/compiler runs fine
but when I try and run any of my programs I get a 'Division by Zero Error'.
This problem only seems to occur if my program uses crt

Is there any way I can fix this problem?

Please help, I'd hate never to be able to run any of my old programs again.

Marc

Re:Runnuing Turbo Pascal 7.0 in Windows 98

"Marc Bennett" <em...@marcandlaure.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>I've just bought a new PC running Windows 98.
>Having installed Turbo Pascal 7.0 I find that the editor/compiler runs fine
>but when I try and run any of my programs I get a 'Division by Zero Error'.
>This problem only seems to occur if my program uses crt

>Is there any way I can fix this problem?

This is a VERY FAQ.  See the FAQ - posted weekly, I think.

Jud McCranie

Re:Runnuing Turbo Pascal 7.0 in Windows 98

"Jud McCranie" <jud.mccra...@mindspring.com> schreef in bericht

> "Marc Bennett" <em...@marcandlaure.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> >I've just bought a new PC running Windows 98.
> >Having installed Turbo Pascal 7.0 I find that the editor/compiler
runs fine
> >but when I try and run any of my programs I get a 'Division by Zero
Error'.
> >This problem only seems to occur if my program uses crt

> >Is there any way I can fix this problem?

> This is a VERY FAQ.  See the FAQ - posted weekly, I think.

> Jud McCranie

Jud,
I don't believe this newsgroup has a FAQ list like
news:comp.lang.pascal.borland does.
But there has been a posting on June 8, 2000 by BioHazard. The links
can be found in my answer to that question.
Marcel
--
Please remove the *.NoSpam* entry from my eMail address when replying.
It's meant to keep Spam and Advertising out, not friends.

Re:Runnuing Turbo Pascal 7.0 in Windows 98

Jud McCranie <jud.mccra...@mindspring.com> said
>"Marc Bennett" <em...@marcandlaure.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>>I've just bought a new PC running Windows 98.
>>Having installed Turbo Pascal 7.0 I find that the editor/compiler runs fine
>>but when I try and run any of my programs I get a 'Division by Zero Error'.
>>This problem only seems to occur if my program uses crt

>>Is there any way I can fix this problem?

>This is a VERY FAQ.  See the FAQ - posted weekly, I think.

... in comp.lang.pascal.borland where he also asked the question
--
Pedt Scragg     http://signpost-design.co.uk/   ODP Editor: http://dmoz.org/
Signpost Web Design, Wrecsam, North Wales       Member of FSB

Re:Runnuing Turbo Pascal 7.0 in Windows 98

JRS:  In article <64kdkskh8tjoefs09h2akukfeamcf93...@4ax.com> of Tue, 13
Jun 2000 20:24:05 seen in news:comp.lang.pascal.misc, Jud McCranie

<jud.mccra...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>"Marc Bennett" <em...@marcandlaure.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>>I've just bought a new PC running Windows 98.
>>Having installed Turbo Pascal 7.0 I find that the editor/compiler runs fine
>>but when I try and run any of my programs I get a 'Division by Zero Error'.
>>This problem only seems to occur if my program uses crt

>>Is there any way I can fix this problem?

>This is a VERY FAQ.  See the FAQ - posted weekly, I think.

(1) This is the wrong newsgroup.
(2) The FAQ is not posted weekly (but a mini-FAQ is, in c.l.p.borland,
    which is the right newsgroup).
(3) One should not use the Crt unit in *all* programs!
(4) There are a number of different types of fix, most with a number of
    implementations of differing merit.
(4) Boilerplate:
Read before Write!  You get the answers more quickly that way!!
Pascal Start-Up Error 200 on fast PCs when using the Crt unit is a VFAQ!

Read the many earlier postings in the comp.lang.pascal.borland (Frank H,
Roger D, ...) and borland.public.turbopascal newsgroups (you can use
DejaNews), including the comp.lang.pascal.borland mini-FAQ, and Prof.
Salmi's FAQ  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip #124, and/or Ing.
Franz Glaser's http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp.html and my
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/  clpb-faq.txt  pas-time.htm  pas-lnx1.htm
Some other fixes are to avoid all use of the Crt unit; to use Pedt Scragg's
Crt unit; to run Andreas Bauer's TPPATCH; or, if accurate Delay is not needed,
to compile with TP5 or TP6.

--
? John Stockton, Surrey, UK.   j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v4.00   MIME.

Re:Runnuing Turbo Pascal 7.0 in Windows 98

i have a replacement unit for Pascal that works. Email me and i will send
it on to you.