DOS Turbo Pascal .vs. Windows 98

I have a large DOS Turbo Pascal 7.0 program based heavily on Turbo
Power BCD, date, link list, etc. objects and B-Trieve that I am
converting to Delphi 4.0 and Interbase. The Turbo Pascal is the late
1993 vintage Windows 3.1 version. I have lost access to my Win 3.1
environment and need to be able to compile and debug this DOS code
under Win 98 while I convert.

I am having problems bringing up the stand alone Turbo De{*word*81}. I
believe that the Borland memory extender is the root cause. Any
suggestions on how I can get this running under Windows 98 would be
greatly appreciated.

Feel free to respond to my e-mail address: jdavi...@megsinet.net

I have never used a news group so I hope this is the appropriate
location and format.

THANK YOU
JERRY

Re:DOS Turbo Pascal .vs. Windows 98

In article <379A3756.52784...@megsinet.net>,

  jdavi...@megsinet.net wrote:
> The Turbo Pascal is the late
> 1993 vintage Windows 3.1 version. I have lost access to my Win 3.1
> environment and need to be able to compile and debug this DOS code
> under Win 98 while I convert.

> I am having problems bringing up the stand alone Turbo De{*word*81}.

If you're talking about Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5, there is a known
problem with its de{*word*81}.  There is a fix that can be downloaded from
Borland's site, but it isn't an absolute cure.  I still have screen
distortions from TDW and sometimes have to reboot to get a clear screen
again.  (That's one of the reasons I rarely use TPW and frequently use
TP 7.)

--
SPAM BLOCKING IN EFFECT: Only those in my address book can send me mail.

<Humans, like dogs, are social creatures.  We need other people.>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/