Board index » delphi » How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?

How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?

Last December (that of 1996) we ordered and received D2.01 Developer.
I have strong suspiction that what we got is just "plain" 2.0.
Does anybody know _for_sure_ some facts I can check my version against?
DLL versions? Filelist? Particular "About" info?

Thank you
Nick Sklobovsky

 

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


Quote
>Last December (that of 1996) we ordered and received D2.01 Developer.
>I have strong suspiction that what we got is just "plain" 2.0.
>Does anybody know _for_sure_ some facts I can check my version against?
>DLL versions? Filelist? Particular "About" info?

They say that time stamp of executables should be 2:01.

  MIKA

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


Hi Mika

Quote
Mika J. Tuominen wrote:

> >Last December (that of 1996) we ordered and received D2.01 Developer.
> >I have strong suspiction that what we got is just "plain" 2.0.
> >Does anybody know _for_sure_ some facts I can check my version against?
> >DLL versions? Filelist? Particular "About" info?

> They say that time stamp of executables should be 2:01.

>   MIKA

Take a look at "Delphi 2.01 Confusion ..." at Delphi...Delphi...Delphi,
http://www.cch.com.my/cch/delphi. It gives quite a few ways to
distinguish 2.01 from plain old 2.0.

--
Regards

Chee Chong Hwa, aka C.H. Chee
Penang,MALAYSIA
e-mail : c...@pc.jaring.my
Who the heck Is Chee Chong Hwa ?
http://www.cch.com.my/cch/people/cch

Clipper...Clipper...Clipper
http://www.cch.com.my/cch/clipper

Delphi...Delphi...Delphi
http://www.cch.com.my/cch/delphi
<You're invited to download the KarenSoft Web Browser
   Version 1.04>

CCH SOFTWARE SOLUTION SDN. BHD.    
(soon to be known as KarenSoft Solutions Sdn Bhd)
http://www.cch.com.my/cch/cchss  

CCH WEB SERVICES SDN. BHD.
http://www.cch.com.my/cch

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


Quote
Nikolai Sklobovsky wrote:

> Last December (that of 1996) we ordered and received D2.01 Developer.
> I have strong suspiction that what we got is just "plain" 2.0.
> Does anybody know _for_sure_ some facts I can check my version
> against? DLL versions? Filelist? Particular "About" info?

  There are a ton of ways to tell (none of them obvious, of course...):

  The Time stamp on 2.01 will be 2:01
  The Internet 'stuff' comes with 2.01, not with 2.00
  On the CD itself, the serial number will be BOR xxxx.2 for 2.01
  and the '2' is on the right side of the CD for 2.01, left side for
2.00

--
Jason
E...@DarkElf.reno.nv.us

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


Thank you all - now I got the clues and I can "discuss" it with that
company.
Nick

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


"Chee Chong Hwa aka C.H. Chee" <c...@pc.jaring.my> wrote:

Quote
>>Take a look at "Delphi 2.01 Confusion ..." at Delphi...Delphi...Delphi,
>>http://www.cch.com.my/cch/delphi. It gives quite a few ways to
>>distinguish 2.01 from plain old 2.0.

The simplest of which is this:

If the "Version 2" is on the left hand side of your cd, it's 2.0
If the "Version 2" is on the right hand side of your cd, it's 2.01

Christopher di Armani
diarm...@axionet.com

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


In article <33093BBC.3...@pc.jaring.my>, c...@pc.jaring.my says...

Quote
> Hi Mika

> Mika J. Tuominen wrote:

> > >Last December (that of 1996) we ordered and received D2.01 Developer.
> > >I have strong suspiction that what we got is just "plain" 2.0.
> > >Does anybody know _for_sure_ some facts I can check my version against?
> > >DLL versions? Filelist? Particular "About" info?

> > They say that time stamp of executables should be 2:01.

> >   MIKA

> Take a look at "Delphi 2.01 Confusion ..." at Delphi...Delphi...Delphi,
> http://www.cch.com.my/cch/delphi. It gives quite a few ways to
> distinguish 2.01 from plain old 2.0.

> --
> Regards

> Chee Chong Hwa, aka C.H. Chee
> Penang,MALAYSIA
> e-mail : c...@pc.jaring.my
> Who the heck Is Chee Chong Hwa ?
> http://www.cch.com.my/cch/people/cch

> Clipper...Clipper...Clipper

The best ways is to check the Delphi.exe hour !

It should be 02:01    THIS IS DELPHI 2.01 :)

- Show quoted text -

Quote
> http://www.cch.com.my/cch/clipper

> Delphi...Delphi...Delphi
> http://www.cch.com.my/cch/delphi
> <You're invited to download the KarenSoft Web Browser
>    Version 1.04>

> CCH SOFTWARE SOLUTION SDN. BHD.    
> (soon to be known as KarenSoft Solutions Sdn Bhd)
> http://www.cch.com.my/cch/cchss  

> CCH WEB SERVICES SDN. BHD.
> http://www.cch.com.my/cch

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


Quote
Nikolai Sklobovsky <NSklobov...@usa.net> wrote:
> Last December (that of 1996) we ordered and received D2.01 Developer.
> I have strong suspiction that what we got is just "plain" 2.0. Does
> anybody know _for_sure_ some facts I can check my version against?
> DLL versions? Filelist? Particular "About" info?

Check if you have Internet panel in your component palette. Also check out
file dates in Delphi directory, for 2.01 most files should be dated
31/May/96.

--
Jovan Bulajic
Belgrade, Yugoslavia
bul...@sezampro.yu

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


Quote
>Last December (that of 1996) we ordered and received D2.01 Developer.
>I have strong suspiction that what we got is just "plain" 2.0.
>Does anybody know _for_sure_ some facts I can check my version against?
>DLL versions? Filelist? Particular "About" info?

        Help : ABOUT, then hold down the alt key and type ABOUT  

        .53 is 2.0
        .76 is 2.01

--
Deploy your Delphi Apps ON the web. No more CGI/HTML. Just Delphi.
Does not require ActiveX or any Plugins.
Don't believe it? Come see BIOLIFE (The one that comes with Delphi) on the web.
http://www.shoresoft.com

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


The easiest way is to check if youve got the internet VCLs if you have
then you have 2,01. Alt+ABOUT didint work on my system but ALT+VERISON
worked. I have 2,01 and it says 2,17,76,0 as my version number. I wonder
what all those number stands for... I know that Internet Explorer have a
build number and the latest is build 1215 could that be how many times the
app has been compiled or???

Well it doesnt matter really but Im just curious.

Chad Z. Hower <c...@pbe.com> skrev i inl?gg
<5er0tp$...@juliana.sprynet.com>...

Quote
> >Last December (that of 1996) we ordered and received D2.01 Developer.
> >I have strong suspiction that what we got is just "plain" 2.0.
> >Does anybody know _for_sure_ some facts I can check my version against?
> >DLL versions? Filelist? Particular "About" info?

>    Help : ABOUT, then hold down the alt key and type ABOUT  

>    .53 is 2.0
>    .76 is 2.01

> --
> Deploy your Delphi Apps ON the web. No more CGI/HTML. Just Delphi.
> Does not require ActiveX or any Plugins.
> Don't believe it? Come see BIOLIFE (The one that comes with Delphi) on
the web.
> http://www.shoresoft.com

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


Also, try ALT+TEAM

Fredrik Larsson <Mail2F...@Hotmail.com> wrote in article
<01bc229e$a3cf9a00$0100007f@fredde>...

Quote
> The easiest way is to check if youve got the internet VCLs if you have
> then you have 2,01. Alt+ABOUT didint work on my system but ALT+VERISON
> worked. I have 2,01 and it says 2,17,76,0 as my version number. I wonder
> what all those number stands for... I know that Internet Explorer have a
> build number and the latest is build 1215 could that be how many times
the
> app has been compiled or???

> Well it doesnt matter really but Im just curious.

Re:How to tell D2.01 from D2.0?


Oh, and ALT+DEVELOPERS works.

Fredrik Larsson <Mail2F...@Hotmail.com> wrote in article
<01bc229e$a3cf9a00$0100007f@fredde>...

Quote
> The easiest way is to check if youve got the internet VCLs if you have
> then you have 2,01. Alt+ABOUT didint work on my system but ALT+VERISON
> worked. I have 2,01 and it says 2,17,76,0 as my version number. I wonder
> what all those number stands for... I know that Internet Explorer have a
> build number and the latest is build 1215 could that be how many times
the
> app has been compiled or???

> Well it doesnt matter really but Im just curious.

Other Threads