Watch window will not show typed files?

in BP7 a file var in a watch would show open,closed, etc.

In Delphi4, it is always blank - can I still do this?--

E.A. Gelat
ge...@gelat.com
http://www.gelat.com/fpssite/index.html

Re:Watch window will not show typed files?

Hi !

I haven't found an easy way, but it is possible to watch file variables as byte arrays with a watch
like:

PByteArr(@MyFileVar)^

First, you'll have to declare PByte arr:

TByteArr = Array[0..63] of byte;
PByteArr = ^TByteArr;

Then you may observe some of the first bytes being changed after AssignFile, Reset, CloseFile,
etc...

I have not found a declaration of the File-variable record type, but using the CPU window you may
see that several values are set within the offset range from $0 to $24 of the File variable.

Hope someone may enlighten this a little...

bjoerge

Bj?rge S?ther
REMOVETHIS_bsaet...@online.no

E.A. Gelat skrev i meldingen <_8tZ2.24210$cr6.1032...@newscene.newscene.com>...

>in BP7 a file var in a watch would show open,closed, etc.

>In Delphi4, it is always blank - can I still do this?--

>E.A. Gelat
>ge...@gelat.com
>http://www.gelat.com/fpssite/index.html

Other Threads