Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

I'm making a dial gauge.  I draw the background and foreground into
TBimaps and when the Component is repainted the bitmaps are copryRect to
a TImage job.  It flickers. {*word*30} it flickers.
    When it is repainting it is note creating the images so why the
flicker??

  dataflow.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Roger Mackenzie <dataf...@sprint.ca> wrote in message

> I'm making a dial gauge.  I draw the background and foreground into
> TBimaps and when the Component is repainted the bitmaps are copryRect to
> a TImage job.  It flickers. <expletive deleted> it flickers.
>     When it is repainting it is note creating the images so why the
> flicker??

Look for links about Flicker Elimination in Section B of
http://www.efg2.com/lab/library/Delphi/Graphics/Algorithms.htm

efg
_________________________________
efg's Computer Lab:  http://www.efg2.com/lab

Overland Park, KS  USA

Roger Mackenzie wrote:

> I'm making a dial gauge.  I draw the background and foreground into
> TBimaps and when the Component is repainted the bitmaps are copryRect to
> a TImage job.  It flickers. {*word*30} it flickers.

Please, pay attention to your language.

>     When it is repainting it is note creating the images so why the
> flicker??

Are you calling the invalidate or repaint methods of your gauge component?
If so, this will cause the background to be redrawn before painting the
contents onto the component.

--
Josef Garvi
Eden Foundation, Skreav. 45B, S-311 72 Falkenberg, Sweden

Re:Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Hi Roger,

Have you tried "painting" in the background, ie. to a bitmap in memory,
and then paint this bitmap to the visual canvas?

 - Thomas

Re:Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Roger Mackenzie <dataf...@sprint.ca> wrote:
> I'm making a dial gauge.  I draw the background and foreground into
> TBimaps and when the Component is repainted the bitmaps are copryRect
> a TImage job.  It flickers. {*word*30} it flickers.
>     When it is repainting it is note creating the images so why the
> flicker??

Without code it is difficult to see the problem. From the way you
describe it you are using an offscreen bitmap to prepare the image,
which is the right thing to do! Have you trapped the WM_ERASEBKGND
message to make sure that your control does not erase the background
before repainting your image?

Bill

Re:Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Thanx All.  I was suppressing the background earase, but the problem (why?)
was I was useing TImage.  I Changed to TPaintBox and I was away.

  dataflow.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:36:14 -0700, Roger Mackenzie

<dataf...@sprint.ca> wrote:
>Thanx All.  I was suppressing the background earase, but the problem (why?)

TImage supports transparency. Therefore the background has to be
painted at first always. TPaintBox doesn't do this.
>was I was useing TImage.  I Changed to TPaintBox and I was away.

Re:Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Using a TImage/TPaintbox???

Why don't you use TGraphicContol and
create a own omponent?

cu
thomas weinert

Kay Schubert
<wir97...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de>
schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
37869306.3624...@forums.inprise.com...
| On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:36:14 -0700,
Roger Mackenzie

| <dataf...@sprint.ca> wrote:

| >Thanx All.  I was suppressing the
background earase, but the problem
(why?)
| TImage supports transparency.
Therefore the background has to be
| painted at first always. TPaintBox
doesn't do this.
| >was I was useing TImage.  I Changed
to TPaintBox and I was away.

Re:Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

> Please, pay attention to your language.

Flicker, flicker, little star !

Thomas Weinert wrote:
> Using a TImage/TPaintbox???

> Why don't you use TGraphicContol and
> create a own omponent?

> cu
> thomas weinert

Fear, feeling of inadequacy, bad speller, Thx

  dataflow.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Send me some E-Mail to explain how I can do this and I will.. I'm trying
to display Ansi Controll codes and have tons of difficulty.
Thomas Weinert wrote:
> Using a TImage/TPaintbox???

> Why don't you use TGraphicContol and
> create a own omponent?