Recordsets from DCOM server without Midas, not worrying about versions

I would like to pass the contents of an ADO recordset from a remote DCOM
server (not Midas), to a client application.

I have tried a few ways but they seem to depend on the version of the files
installed on either the client or the server...

Maybe I'm missing something..(probably), does anyone have a bullet proof way
of doing this without worrying about current installed file versions (XML
stuff and MDAC etc)?

Thanks.
--
Michael Collier Bsc (Hons)
Interactive ADO Object Browser

Re:Recordsets from DCOM server without Midas, not worrying about versions

Eric Harmon's book "Delphi COM Programming" has a whole chapter on this. You
might want to check it out.

In short, you're looking into marshalling variant arrays.

rb

"Mike Collier" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:[email protected]
> I would like to pass the contents of an ADO recordset from a remote DCOM
> server (not Midas), to a client application.

Other Threads