Newby question LAN/WAN

I am in the design phase for a new project.
I want to setup a host on our network (IIS, CableModem, static IP, ISAPI
DLLs etc) for WAN access.
My question relates to the SQL 2000 db that will be accessed.  WAN users
will be able to access this db via the ISAPI DLL but I also want our LAN
users to access the same db within our network.  Both WAN & LAN will have
read-write access.

1) Can this be done by via the same SQL server connection?
2) Do all the SQL server file/record locking situations apply?
3) Is there anything in the design that I need to be careful about?

tia

Re:Newby question LAN/WAN

In case I wasn't clear, I plan to use D7, IntraWeb (5.1.22) for the ISAPI
DLL and build a Client/Server app for the LAN part.

"Sydney Lotterby" <syd...@infosearch.com> wrote in message

> I am in the design phase for a new project.
> I want to setup a host on our network (IIS, CableModem, static IP, ISAPI
> DLLs etc) for WAN access.
> My question relates to the SQL 2000 db that will be accessed.  WAN users
> will be able to access this db via the ISAPI DLL but I also want our LAN
> users to access the same db within our network.  Both WAN & LAN will have
> read-write access.

> 1) Can this be done by via the same SQL server connection?
> 2) Do all the SQL server file/record locking situations apply?
> 3) Is there anything in the design that I need to be careful about?

> tia

Other Threads