"Allow zero length" in MSACCESS

I'm developing a client server app in Delphi 5 with an MS SQL Server
database. In conjunction with this I have built a small data pump program
allowing us to move data to other sites.
The datapump program creates the tables in the local (Access) database and
moves the data with INSERT SQL statements.
My problem is that Access as default sets all string fields AllowZeroLength
property to True, thereby not allowing us to pump all data uncritically to
the tables.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the default value of the
AllowZeroLength property to False?

Thanks,

Thomas Eldblom

Re:"Allow zero length" in MSACCESS

You can not set the default to false. You can use DAO commands to change it
however, using the Field objects.

--

Woody

"Thomas Eldblom" <thomas_eldb...@stva.co.uk> wrote in message

> I'm developing a client server app in Delphi 5 with an MS SQL Server
> database. In conjunction with this I have built a small data pump program
> allowing us to move data to other sites.
> The datapump program creates the tables in the local (Access) database and
> moves the data with INSERT SQL statements.
> My problem is that Access as default sets all string fields
AllowZeroLength
> property to True, thereby not allowing us to pump all data uncritically to
> the tables.

> Does anyone know if there is a way to set the default value of the
> AllowZeroLength property to False?

> Thanks,

> Thomas Eldblom

Re:"Allow zero length" in MSACCESS

Yes, I believe that a short program could be written that would iterate
through the FieldDefs and alter the property.