Board index » delphi » Creating quickreport Qrlabels in a detail band at runtime

Creating quickreport Qrlabels in a detail band at runtime

Hi

I need to be able to generate different numbers of "ticks" (qrlabels) in a
detail band.

I can create "on the fly" labels in the title (or page header) band, but get
errors when trying to perform the same task in a detail band.

I'm using D6 Enterprise (update pack 2) and Qr 3.6.2

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Dave

 

Re:Creating quickreport Qrlabels in a detail band at runtime


Hi Dave,
WHAT errors are you getting?
1. are you "freeing" the dynamically (runtime) created labels once they
are printed before re-creating them again?
2. WHERE are you creating these labels? I hope it's not in "Beforeprint"
event of the detailband. If so, "free" all the labels in "Afterprint"
event otherwise for the next record, your program will try to create the
labels that are already there..
If this doesn't help, do post some more details of the errors and your
code here and i'm sure someone will get back to you ASAP.
Best Regards,
Dhaval Shah
Sr. Software Developer
Perth, Australia
Quote
DA Brookes wrote:
> Hi

> I need to be able to generate different numbers of "ticks" (qrlabels) in a
> detail band.

> I can create "on the fly" labels in the title (or page header) band, but get
> errors when trying to perform the same task in a detail band.

> I'm using D6 Enterprise (update pack 2) and Qr 3.6.2

> Any suggestions ?

> Regards

> Dave

Re:Creating quickreport Qrlabels in a detail band at runtime


Hi

I wasn't "freeing" the label... I was using "beforeprint"
I'll have another go..
Thanks for the suggestion
Regards

Dave

Re:Creating quickreport Qrlabels in a detail band at runtime


good luck...
I think it'd do the job..
Do post a msg on how did you go when you get a moment.
best regards
Dhaval Shah
Sr. Software Developer
Perth, Australia
Quote
DA Brookes wrote:
> Hi

> I wasn't "freeing" the label... I was using "beforeprint"
> I'll have another go..
> Thanks for the suggestion
> Regards

> Dave

Re:Creating quickreport Qrlabels in a detail band at runtime


Hi Dhaval.
I didn't have much sucess, but it's down to my lack of skill I suspect.

Eventually I inserted labels for each occurence of the "tick". This has
worked out well for me as I have to process a loop for each record to see
which ticks need to be activated. If the ticks were created as I'd have
first hoped to create them (ie on the fly) I don't know how I'd have been
able to call each label and enabled / disable it accordingly.
Thanks very much for your suggestion though

Regards

Dave

Re:Creating quickreport Qrlabels in a detail band at runtime


Hi Dave,
you got the job done, that's great.. regardless of the method...
good on you. :-)
cheers
Dhaval Shah
Sr. Software Developer
Perth, Australia
Quote
DA Brookes wrote:
> Hi Dhaval.
> I didn't have much sucess, but it's down to my lack of skill I suspect.

> Eventually I inserted labels for each occurence of the "tick". This has
> worked out well for me as I have to process a loop for each record to see
> which ticks need to be activated. If the ticks were created as I'd have
> first hoped to create them (ie on the fly) I don't know how I'd have been
> able to call each label and enabled / disable it accordingly.
> Thanks very much for your suggestion though

> Regards

> Dave

Other Threads