MSACCESS Native Driver (BDE 4.51)

I am having trouble with the MSACCESS native driver when installed in
another machine. I installed the BDE using the Delphi3 CD. Then I
upgraded it with the patch available from the Borland home page. The BDE
works fine for other operations. However, I cannot connect to a local
Access database. I get a "General SQL error". If I use an ODBC driver
instead, it works fine. Can anybody help me? Thank you.

Gabriel

Re:MSACCESS Native Driver (BDE 4.51)

Be sure that you are specifying the correct Access driver. In the BDE
Administrator, choose Drivers, Native, MSACCESS. Then click on DLL32.
For Access 97, the choice should be IDDA3532.DLL. For Access 95, the
choice is IDDA032.DLL.

Re:MSACCESS Native Driver (BDE 4.51)

In article <34E38D4A.8DF6F...@ucop.edu>, Gabriel Beccar-Varela
<gabriel.beccar-var...@ucop.edu> writes

>I am having trouble with the MSACCESS native driver when installed in
>another machine. I installed the BDE using the Delphi3 CD. Then I
>upgraded it with the patch available from the Borland home page. The BDE
>works fine for other operations. However, I cannot connect to a local
>Access database. I get a "General SQL error". If I use an ODBC driver
>instead, it works fine. Can anybody help me? Thank you.

>Gabriel

Assuming that you've got everything set up correctly, you will need to
be aware that ODBC uses standard SQL syntax, whereas the Access driver
uses the DAO uses Microsoft's variant of it. Specifically the DAO
version uses square brackets ('[' and ']') to enclose table and field
names, rather than using quotation marks. Quotation marks can only be
used to delimit quoted strings.

This may be irrelevant to your problems; if so, let us all know some
more information - at what point do you get that error?

Mark
--
Mark Williams                   M...@polyhedron.co.uk

Polyhedron Software Ltd.
Programs for Programmers - QA, Compilers, Graphics

************ Visit our Web site on http://www.polyhedron.co.uk/ ************

Other Threads