Board index » delphi » Mouse routines in Windows '95

Mouse routines in Windows '95

I'm making a 640x400 App at the moment, and it was just tested for me
by someone else under windows '95 (I HATE that OS)...

For some reason, it refuses to go past the 320x200 limits with my
routines (The standard Int 33h ones), yet i've seen other 640x480
programs working perfectly in a dos box. Any ideas?

Regards,
        Scott

 

Re:Mouse routines in Windows '95


Quote
In article <4jcdbi$...@sydney1.world.net> d...@ecn.net.au (Scott Maskiel) writes:
>I'm making a 640x400 App at the moment, and it was just tested for me
>by someone else under windows '95 (I HATE that OS)...

Win95's mouse emulation is only as good as the DOS drivers installed.

Quote
>For some reason, it refuses to go past the 320x200 limits with my
>routines (The standard Int 33h ones), yet i've seen other 640x480
>programs working perfectly in a dos box. Any ideas?

Run a couple checks.

1.)  Run your program full screen, instead of in a window.  Does the mouse
cursor still refuse to track?
2.)  Write a small program with your routines that reports the mouse
coordinates as you move it around.  Is the mouse responding?

When you say 640x480, do you mean 640x480x16 or 640x480x256?  The former
should be compatible with just about any recent driver, but the latter may
not be supported with many drivers (nor would any other SVGA resolution).  
It might just be that your mouse driver doesn't support SVGA resolutions.

The way around that is to modify your mouse code so that it automatically
redraws the cursor in unsupported resolutions.  Also, check your
properties.  Under the "Misc" tab, "QuickEdit" and "Exclusive mode" should
both be unchecked.

Quote
>Regards,
>        Scott

--
Scott F. Earnest            | We now return you to our regularly scheduled
sco...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu | chaos and mayhem. . . .

Re:Mouse routines in Windows '95


Quote
Scott F. Earnest wrote:

> In article <4jcdbi$...@sydney1.world.net> d...@ecn.net.au (Scott Maskiel) writes:
> >I'm making a 640x400 App at the moment, and it was just tested for me
> >by someone else under windows '95 (I HATE that OS)...

> Win95's mouse emulation is only as good as the DOS drivers installed.

And Win95's mouse emulation is incompatible to MS-DOS 6.2 Mouse driver!!!
It doesn't support all functions which the MS-DOS-driver does.
Quote

> >For some reason, it refuses to go past the 320x200 limits with my
> >routines (The standard Int 33h ones), yet i've seen other 640x480
> >programs working perfectly in a dos box. Any ideas?

Yupp, use the mickey function instead. We use it in our own programs and
it works with ALL screen resolutions.

have a nice day

--
-=!------------------------------------------------------------------------!=-
 Have a look at our WWW-Page http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~virtech/
 Get the latest games, programs and demos from vIRtECH!  Get cool SOURCE CODE
 (Pascal/x86asm).  Have a look at our CPC Page or just make a journey through
 the BUNKR.   ATTENTION: The SOURCE of our PC Spiel Pinball is now available!

Other Threads