Mouse under MSDOS Prompt in Windows 95

I can't visualize the mouse pointer under all my programs, developed in
BP7.0 in DOS protect mode, and using int 33 for the mouse standard
interface. In plain DOS with logitech mouse driver is all OK.
Can anyone solve the problem ?

Andrea

Re:Mouse under MSDOS Prompt in Windows 95

In article <313E1278....@sis.it> Andrea Gagliardi <gaglia...@sis.it> writes:
>I can't visualize the mouse pointer under all my programs, developed in
>BP7.0 in DOS protect mode, and using int 33 for the mouse standard
>interface. In plain DOS with logitech mouse driver is all OK.
>Can anyone solve the problem ?

I've only played with Win95 a little bit, but it seems that with any DOS
program that uses the mouse in a DOS window, you won't see the cursor on the
screen.  Rather, the Windows cursor "emulates" the window's mouse and should
behave the same.  Try running the EDIT program that comes with Win95 in a
window and you'll see what I mean -- there's no cursor in the box, but you
can use the Windows cursor to highlight and access the menus.  You still
have to have the DOS mouse driver installed for this to work, though.

If it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll compile some test programs
and see what happens.

--
Scott F. Earnest             |0100100001000001010010010100110000100000|
sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu   |0100010101010010010010010101001100100001|

Other Threads