wanted : *.jpg and *.gif viewer in TURBO PASCAL?

Hi!!..

I was wondering if anyone has got a procedure in TURBO PASCAL code to
display jpg and gif pics on screen ??????

If you have one, I would really appreciate it, if you get in touch with
me via email!
Thanx alot!

Joeri
Jo...@stack.nl

Re:wanted : *.jpg and *.gif viewer in TURBO PASCAL?

Re:wanted : *.jpg and *.gif viewer in TURBO PASCAL?

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:46:28 +0100, Joeri Roels <jo...@stack.nl>
wrote:

>Hi!!..

>I was wondering if anyone has got a procedure in TURBO PASCAL code to
>display jpg and gif pics on screen ??????

>If you have one, I would really appreciate it, if you get in touch with
>me via email!
>Thanx alot!

>Joeri
>Jo...@stack.nl

Well, here it is in attachment: self-extracting rar file.
It is actually swag pascal file. Just start it and you'll get
a swag file and a reader for it.Then start reader.exe and choose
this only swag file (graphics.swg) within reader. when you are in
you'll see miscellaneous headers which consist code and units for
various tasks. E-mail me if it has been useful or you need some other
swags (sound units for example)...
mario....@fer.hr

Re:wanted : *.jpg and *.gif viewer in TURBO PASCAL?

In article <36652d7a.12810...@news.carnet.hr>, Mario Cop
<mario....@fer.hr> writes

>Well, here it is in attachment: self-extracting rar file.
>It is actually swag pascal file.

Please do not post binary material to a discussion only newsgroup. A
pointer to locations to download is *quite* sufficient.

You can get the SWAG archive from ftp://ftp.garbo.uwasa.fi/ and the
Garbo mirror sites and also from http://www.gdsoft.com/swag/

<aside>
I suppose we should be thankful that it wasn't the full SWAG archive :-)
</a>
--
Pedt

Kill one Scottish midge and a million will come to the funeral

Re:wanted : *.jpg and *.gif viewer in TURBO PASCAL?

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 16:28:09 +0000, Pedt Scragg

<postmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>Please do not post binary material to a discussion only newsgroup. A
>pointer to locations to download is *quite* sufficient.

>You can get the SWAG archive from ftp://ftp.garbo.uwasa.fi/ and the
>Garbo mirror sites and also from http://www.gdsoft.com/swag/

><aside>
>I suppose we should be thankful that it wasn't the full SWAG archive :-)
></a>
>--
>Pedt

>Kill one Scottish midge and a million will come to the funeral

You have a good humor - well I tried to help a man and if I send
binary it is not a problem for you cause you don't have to download
it. btw - I don't know were one could download swags from internet so
it was my only solution (o.k. I could have posted only units which he
needed)...Sorry.

Re:wanted : *.jpg and *.gif viewer in TURBO PASCAL?

Mario Cop wrote:

[...]

For those still following this drama, could you tell us the name of the
SWAG archive that contains the JPG and GIF viewer?

Best Regards,

Michael R. Monett,
Automated Production Test
mailto:a...@csolve.net

Re:wanted : *.jpg and *.gif viewer in TURBO PASCAL?

Mike Monett [mailto:a...@csolve.net] decided it was an auspicious moment
for:

>For those still following this drama, could you tell us the name of the
>SWAG archive that contains the JPG and GIF viewer?

graphics.swg

--
Pedt

In Idle village (near Bradford), do they have an Idle Working Mens Club ?

On Sat, 05 Dec 1998 23:41:55 GMT, Mario Cop <mario....@fer.hr> wrote:
>and if I send binary it is not a problem for you cause you don't have to
>download it.

Hi Mario -

It is a problem for me. Not everyone reads newsgroups by browsing through
messages online. I use an offline reader to read this newsgroup and it
downloads everything that's available. I really don't like receiving 800+
line messages. Right now I see only "0/2" and "2/2" from you. That means
tomorrow I'll probably be downloading "1/2". Uh oh.

It's excellent to be helpful, but it's also important to do it in a way
that doesn't burden others. This is why the rules of netiquette (or
guidelines or suggestions or whatever) say not to post binaries to
discussion groups. Also, there are better mechanisms for handling such
large volumes of data, like ftp sites, or web sites, or possibly binary
groups. Sending a huge encoded file on a discussion group is kind of like
letting a friend borrow a book by reading the whole thing onto their phone
answering machine. (not the greatest analogy, but its the idea of forcing
too much info through the wrong medium)

>btw - I don't know were one could download swags from internet so it was
>my only solution

Some alternatives you could have tried would be to say something like:
"Look at article X in the SWAG. Could someone please mention where to
download it from.", or tell the person you have code for their answer and
ask if you can send it to them via email.

I'm not trying to flame you here or discourage you from helping, just
letting you know that it is hard for others to have to download such huge
messages unnecessarily. I hope you'll find another method for your helpful
posts in the future. Thanks for listening.

Cheers, Todd

Re:wanted : *.jpg and *.gif viewer in TURBO PASCAL?

go here and get an answer in our interactive help desk!
http://members.aol.com/hey420420/

On 8 Dec 1998 05:27:05 GMT, tfi...@delphi.com (Todd Fiske) wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Dec 1998 23:41:55 GMT, Mario Cop <mario....@fer.hr> wrote:

>>and if I send binary it is not a problem for you cause you don't have to
>>download it.

>Hi Mario -

>It is a problem for me. Not everyone reads newsgroups by browsing through
>messages online. I use an offline reader to read this newsgroup and it
>downloads everything that's available. I really don't like receiving 800+
>line messages. Right now I see only "0/2" and "2/2" from you. That means
>tomorrow I'll probably be downloading "1/2". Uh oh.

>It's excellent to be helpful, but it's also important to do it in a way
>that doesn't burden others. This is why the rules of netiquette (or
>guidelines or suggestions or whatever) say not to post binaries to
>discussion groups. Also, there are better mechanisms for handling such
>large volumes of data, like ftp sites, or web sites, or possibly binary
>groups. Sending a huge encoded file on a discussion group is kind of like
>letting a friend borrow a book by reading the whole thing onto their phone
>answering machine. (not the greatest analogy, but its the idea of forcing
>too much info through the wrong medium)

>>btw - I don't know were one could download swags from internet so it was
>>my only solution

>Some alternatives you could have tried would be to say something like:
>"Look at article X in the SWAG. Could someone please mention where to
>download it from.", or tell the person you have code for their answer and
>ask if you can send it to them via email.

>I'm not trying to flame you here or discourage you from helping, just
>letting you know that it is hard for others to have to download such huge
>messages unnecessarily. I hope you'll find another method for your helpful
>posts in the future. Thanks for listening.

>Cheers, Todd

Hope makes u live. O.K. - I got it. No more apps on this newsgroup.
Know what? I remembered later I could have sent it on his e-mail. Or I
could just have used reader.exe in swags and grep only jpg and gif
units (it is much smaller than entire graphics.swg). I use off-line
reader for newsgroup too. But when I'm offline i choose what to mark
for retrival. So when I see (0/6) I certainly don't choose that. I
presume u don't have time for that... With regards...

Other Threads