GPFAULT

Have developed an application using Delphi (16 bit) that runs fine
on my computer (386 running Windows 3.11) and a laptop (pentium
running Windows 95). Have also installed the application on a friends
486 running Windows 95. However, on the 486 one menu choice causes a
General Protection fault at address 001C:62F9. I have used the
'Find Error' function in Delphi but that tells me the address cannot
be found.

Can anybody help/advise me please.

Re:GPFAULT

Bill Zwirs wrote:

> Have developed an application using Delphi (16 bit) that runs fine
> on my computer (386 running Windows 3.11) and a laptop (pentium
> running Windows 95). Have also installed the application on a friends
> 486 running Windows 95. However, on the 486 one menu choice causes a
> General Protection fault at address 001C:62F9. I have used the
> 'Find Error' function in Delphi but that tells me the address cannot
> be found.

> Can anybody help/advise me please.Check your projec.map (it's made if you set the compiler option)

It should give a direction of the location. If the GPF happens in your
code you'll find it.

Good luck!
HJW

Re:GPFAULT

H. van der Waal wrote:

> Bill Zwirs wrote:

> > Have developed an application using Delphi (16 bit) that runs fine
> > on my computer (386 running Windows 3.11) and a laptop (pentium
> > running Windows 95). Have also installed the application on a friends
> > 486 running Windows 95. However, on the 486 one menu choice causes a
> > General Protection fault at address 001C:62F9. I have used the
> > 'Find Error' function in Delphi but that tells me the address cannot
> > be found.

> > Can anybody help/advise me please.Check your projec.map (it's made if you set the compiler option)
> It should give a direction of the location. If the GPF happens in your
> code you'll find it.

> Good luck!
> HJW

Make sure that you are creating a *.map file. Options|Project Linker
page, Map File.

Matthew

Matthew McDermott
McDermott Enterprises
matt...@lightspeed.net
My Web Page: http://userzweb.lightspeed.net/~mattmcd
Director of Information Services & Adjunct Professor - Mathematics
The American College of Prehospital Medicine: http://www.acpm.edu/