Task Manager for Win95.....

Hi is there a taskmanager which can see if tasks are still active or
have to be activated?? I use a bbs (dos based) under Win95 and it
crashes everyday ... So i want to write a taskmanager... But not if it
exists.. Does anyone ever heard of it ??? or even better saw it...

Greetz Ronald

ron...@indy.xs4all.nl

Re:Task Manager for Win95.....

Ronald van Aken <rva...@indy.xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Hi is there a taskmanager which can see if tasks are still active or

|have to be activated?? I use a bbs (dos based) under Win95 and it
>crashes everyday ... So i want to write a taskmanager... But not if it

|exists.. Does anyone ever heard of it ??? or even better saw it...

|Greetz Ronald

|ron...@indy.xs4all.nl

As far as I know you can't run it by double clicking on the background as you
could with 3.11 but just run "taskman.exe" from the "Run..." menu.

Cheers

Richard

Re:Task Manager for Win95.....

In article <31BD85A1....@indy.xs4all.nl>
           rva...@indy.xs4all.nl "Ronald van Aken" writes:

> Hi is there a taskmanager which can see if tasks are still active or
> have to be activated?? I use a bbs (dos based) under Win95 and it
> crashes everyday ... So i want to write a taskmanager... But not if it
> exists.. Does anyone ever heard of it ??? or even better saw it...

Use WinExec, and check the returned handle with
GetModuleUsage. When this returns 0, then program has terminated.
If it shouldn't have (Check box on form (Terminating Ok?)) then re-exec
it and go back to checking.

hope this makes more sense to you than me ;)

--
Daniel Silverstone

Other Threads