Windows programs in TP 5.5

Jonathan P. Troyer wrote:

> Hi everbody,
>   This may seem like a stupid question, but can I make programs that will
> run in Windows?

Either use a compiler which can target Windows or a compiler that can
interface with the WinSDK (though I haven't seen an old-fashioned Win3.0
app in quite some time :)

By targeting Windows, I mean using Windows as its intended execution
platform, not using a missile launcher. :)
   / Joshua Shagam                    /    (Quantum Porcupine / Versatile) /
  / mailto:JSha...@nmsu.edu          /       http://web.nmsu.edu/~jshagam /
 / phone://1.505.645.3856/~joshua   /  for the Quantum Porcupine Archive /
/__________________________________/____________________________________/
  Stop the execution of King Louis XVI!  If you agree, copy these three
             lines to your .signature file and send funds to:
       Long Live the King, 207 Alumni Avenue, Las Cruces, NM 88003

Re:Windows programs in TP 5.5

Hi everbody,
  This may seem like a stupid question, but can I make programs that will
run in Windows?

Thanks in advance,
Jon Troyer
j...@alpha.psd.k12.co.us

Re:Windows programs in TP 5.5

Hello Jonathan!

 JPT> From: j...@alpha.psd.k12.co.us (Jonathan P. Troyer)

 JPT> Hi everbody, This may seem like a stupid question, but can I make
 JPT> programs that will run in Windows?

Well you double-click on the DOS-prompt icon and start your DOS-program.
Other than that you need a more recent version of the Pascal compiler which
allows for making an executable that windows will run as a windows program.
Either BP70 or TP for windows 1.5.

Although I doubt if the latter is shipped these days. I had a chance to use
TPfw v1.0 through an entire 5 month at a computer school in 1991, I really
really hated programming under windows.

Regards
Mikkel Breiler Cosysop Renoz BBS, Vinyl/Intuition

Other Threads